Chapter 8

I had no other choice but to keep moving, hoping and praying somehow that I'd pass the entrance to the other corridor before he could manage to escape it.

My nails were sending a piercing pain into the palms of my hand, clenching them tighter and tighter with every uneasy step, but I couldn't help how anxious I got around him no matter how hard I tried.

Draco's been ignoring me for quite some time now, so maybe he'll give me his traditional once over, menacing smirk, and go back to forgetting my entire existence.

I had so many questions that I hadn't the courage to ask ever since the classroom incident.

I wouldn't dare approach him whenever he was around all the other terribly influenced Slytherin's, although a part of me has longed to join in on whatever rebellious things in which they get up to.

Despite my yearning, it just wasn't in my nature to be a Slytherin, as Hermione, Ron and Harry have drummed into me consistently.

'Ready to stop ignoring me?' The voice boomed, and I found myself stopping in my tracks and scuffing my heels as I did so yet again.

I often hear others describe how the tenseness of a situation can physically allow you to hear your heart's own beat; this this was one of those times, and it was beating at a frantic pace.

My chest lifted and dropped rapidly, that aching voice that I hadn't heard in what felt like the better half of a thousand years finally overwhelmed my ears once again.

No matter how hard I tried to soothe my breathing, I just couldn't still myself. My breathing was convulsive, like a newborn's first gulps of air.

My eyes followed his shadow as it reached the end of the corridor until I flicked my eyes up to meet with his.

This definitely didn't help my breathing.

I was trying to catch my breathes in my throat, forcing them back down painfully.

Although it agonised my chest, it damn well worked.

'Well?' He urged, darting his eyebrows up and down, although I hadn't even had the chance to take into account what he'd just said.

The sound of his voice was enough to flood my senses, and for that, I must have looked like an idiot standing so dumbly and staring so blankly; I was oblivious.

I pulled my jaw down and creased my eyebrows, feeling my nose scrunch as I did so.

I was astound by how he could be so arrogant as to putting the blame on my behalf.

'Me? Avoiding you?' I choked, pulling my head back and narrowing my eyes at him.

It's not often I'm left speechless, but Draco has brought out a lot of new things in myself, so what's another to add to the list?

I blinked harshly to encourage his response, but I was met with all but that.

A smile crept onto his face, finding amusement in knowing that he'd yet again pushed another one of my buttons.

He relaxed himself onto the wall, duplicating his stance from that day in the classroom, and my eyes immediately widened as I followed his movement.

I could feel myself visibly awing at him. I felt giddy, like a group of teen muggle girls feverish over a boy.

The sound of Draco's head tilting onto the wall drew me out of my hypnotised state, causing me to straighten up suddenly and tighten my jaw, not forgetting why I had been so angry at him a few moments prior.