Chapter 2

Judging on everybody's perception of me, I should be able to stand up for myself. Everybody has told me that I have a fiery, yet preserved personality, hence why the test had shown as inconclusive (I persume).

Some of the teachers say I'm rather inquisitive, although the sometimes too inquisitive for my own good, which is a totally abominable remark, I'm just curious.

Although, it was no secret that I'd sprout a fond interest in the devilish, mischievous blonde that I sit next to in nearly every class. Typical, right? I've tried to distract myself with anything and everything when I'm around him.

Catching feelings is somewhat of a new experience for me, I simply don't do it. I've never allowed myself to. My willpower has always been so strong around other mindless boys consumed by their own stupidity, and by the way I'm describing them it almost sounds impossible that I or anyone else would even do so much as bat an eyelid at them, but not with him. My willpower completely shatters around him.

He's consumed by so much more than mischief. He's mysterious. He commands confidence and radiates effortless mystery with everyone move he makes, it's almost as though everything moves in slow motion around him.

Just the thought of him is enough to set every nerve within me on fire, which is why I go through the absolute most to avoid him at all cost, excluding the fact I'm around him in every period of the school day.

But I don't mind, really.

It's not as though it's a desperate cat and mouse chase from my side only, thought, the tension goes both ways. Anxiety and panic completely posses me when the admiration isn't coming from my behalf, because he definitely looks and does it so much more better than I do.

I visibly swallow every single time I look at him, feeling myself bolt in the position I'm in and struggling to break my eyes from his.

Him, on the other hand, prefers to draw more attention to his methods. Draco prefers long, hard stares. There's never any shame to any of his gestures, and he'll happily drag his eyes over me with a slow once over, his face glowing with amusement every time seeing how spellbound it makes me.

When eye contact is made, it's made.

I desperately try to escape from within his eye site every-time, but I fumble around embarrassingly and end up drawing even more attention to myself, and he usually chuckles to himself over how completely nervous he's made me.

His lips usually then clasp inwards, followed by a smirk that enhances his soft dimples at each corner of his mouth every time, which is always enough to send the nervous pit inside my stomach toppling over

Nothing's ever happened between us properly speaking, as I've only been at Hogwarts for the better part of a month now, but I doubt that he's ever been off my mind ever since I first saw him.

Of course, being a late entree, I was apparently all the talk in Hogwarts, so the least I could do for myself was arrive on time to avoid a dramatic entrance and an outbreak of murmurs and whispers after everybody was already seated, but no.

I did exactly the opposite.

In a desperate act to fix my briefly straightened hair before I sauntered myself into my new life, I was unprepared for the doors to the main hall to meet with me so early, as I had guessed the exorbitant doors at the bottom of the corridor was my stop, but I had assumed wrong.

I guess that would've been too cliché.

Trying to avoid further humiliation, I didn't awkwardly stop to gather myself together first, but instead strode into the room with one hand flipping my hair backwards, and the other trying to align my robe into an acceptable state.

Every eye in the room was on me, but I didn't dare shift my head from my strictly set forward facing position. My legs felt unsteady beneath me, but I concealed my fear relatively well.

'Confidence is quiet. Confidence is a natural expression of ability, expertise, and self-regard.' I chanted inwards to myself, urging my arms to keep a subtle, forwards-backwards motion caressing my hips in rhythm with my steps.

I walked purposely for about three-quarters of the seemingly endless line of judging wizards, but my confident broke from within me when I glanced over to my left, my eyes meeting the most ice grey eyes one has ever glimpsed upon.

His blonde hair framing his face so idyllically, softly parted in the middle to compliment his perfectly crafted face even more so (if possible).

Once I'd looked over to him, he briefly flickered his eyelids down towards the table, almost as though my entrance was a typical, daily occurrence, but as quick as they went down, he darted them upwards again, locking them harshly with mine. The break in contact was short lived, only for him to run his eyes along my body, his bottom lip unconsciously pulling in to beneath he teeth as he did so. I gasped, unable to hide the nervy feeling that radiated inside me.

My heart had just slammed so hard against my chest that I'm surprised it didn't plummet out through it. The confident walk had quickly turned into dazed, small steps for the rest of the short journey to the front of the hall.

My arms were no longer swinging, and my mind was now wondering into a world of its own. I tried to snap myself back to some sort of reality, but his eyes alone were enough to transfix me all from that short amount of time.

I sharply turned my head away, blinking harshly and mentally face palming myself afterwards at the thought of how absolutely moronic I must have looked drooling over someone I'd only just seen. I could still feel his eyes inspecting my every  move as I kept walking, which only added to the timorous pit bubbling inside of me.

I sucked in all of the air around myself to try and grasp hold of some sort of assertiveness, but I had been completely winded of the ability to function any part of my brain or to contract a least some common sense. I wasn't quite sure if my nerves were overwhelming my senses, but he was the most captivating human I'd ever seen. I was completely transfixed.

In that brief moment, I knew that that this wasn't going to be an ordinary school transfer. Of course, I was aware this was Hogwarts, but this one boy alone gave the word 'magic' a whole other meaning.