Chapter 13

Well, I guess I couldn't avoid him forever.

He'd only been in the room a matter of seconds, yet I could already feel his presence penetrating my senses.

The faint smell of his cologne had already danced it's way in my direction, gracing my nostrils as I inhaled sharply, although darting my eyes over to the others as I did so, apprehensive that Hermione would once again suss me out.

Harry's voice was slowly blurring the longer Draco's eyes pierced through mine, despite his attempt to raise his voice slightly louder to try and maintain my attention, but I was a lost cause now.

I was so fixated on his eyes, so desperately trying to read them that I became completely and utterly surreptitious to everyone else around me.

I kept my eyes glued to his own as he made his way over to Crabble, Coyle and Pansy, oblivious to the extend of awing I was doing, but I didn't care.

I had been so starved of that infectious gaze and his magnifying, sharp features that I couldn't possibly tear my eyes away from him.

His movements slowed as soon as he'd picked me out from the crowd, declining his intimidating pace to focus all his attention to me.

His eyes scrutinised each one of my features vigorously, scanning them over my face at a rapid pace as though he were seeing me for the very first time again.

The adrenaline in which my body had been lacking for days erupted through it.

I hadn't noticed that I had been slouching beforehand, but my body immediately lifted and straightened as soon as I felt his eyes flicker to mine.

The very sight of me caused his tense features to soften, although the harsh look in his eyes corrupted the tranquility of his relaxed facial muscles.

When he'd spotted me, he'd spotted Harry.

'If he'd dared to try something on you in the common room, he'd never have a chance to try it again, to say the least.' Harry's voice had somehow crept it's way into my eardrums, stealing my attention away from Draco.

I painfully ripped my eyes away from his and whipped my head around to face with Harry, glowering my eyes into his with the most dumbfounded expression my face had ever bore.

I flicked my eyes between Harry, Ron and Hermione's, desperately seeking some sort of remedy or clue as to what Harry was talking about.

Hermione fixed her eyes with mine, a brow raised to insinuate her disapproval. She'd spotted my keen interest in Draco's entrance to the Great Hall.

She folded her arms and cocked up the opposite brow, dismissing my plea for help. I wandered my eyes over in Draco's direction again, only to be met with his glance shifted from mine to Harry's.

I shot my head back over to Harry, only to see that he was matching Draco's glare, flipping my stomach on it's head as I came to the realisation that Harry, Ron and Hermione had been talking about Draco.

'He won't be pulling another stunt like that again.' Harry remarked as his eyes continued to follow Draco across the room, raising his voice to secure his attention.

Draco sunk his teeth into his bottom lip, letting out a subtle, but devious chuckle.

I could feel Harry's grip tighten around my wrist as he tried to assure me, clearly taking notice to how uncomfortable I was in this situation, as my leg bounced against the table (my signature anxious response), causing everything upon it to jitter about.

My eyes were fixed to Draco's, apprehensively awaiting whatever snarky remark he was undoubtably yearning to fire back at Harry as I chewed on the corner of my mouth.