Chapter 3 ~ This band is back

Julie's Pov
We walked into school hand in hand for some reason, all eyes were on us. Including Flynn and Nick's. "Hey Julie, Flynn is walking over here." And then my hand dropped, i looked down and our hands were no long connected, and once I looked back up I was face to face with Flynn.

"So? Any news to tell me?" Me and Luke aren't really dating, we kissed but didn't make anything official. I was about to say no when Luke cut in for me "Not really Flynn, me and Julie are just friends. We walked in hand in hand because she had a bad date with Nick and didn't want to talk to him so this was just to show him he doesn't have a chance" I looked up at Luke and smiled, he knew what I wanted.

"Oh okay then, just making sure...but uh Jules, you have to dance with Nick again" Crap "What dance? I don't remember anything about dancing with him again!!"

"Remember the teacher told us it wasn't good enough so we have to perform it again today" No she didn't? "Wait, you left at that point. Luckily your dress and shoes are in your locker"

"You're a life saver Flynn!" But she doesn't have enough power to save me from this.

"Jules let's go we have to go get ready" Let's just hope she takes the hint "Actually Flynn I'll catch up, I need to talk to Luke"

"Oh okay" She just turned around and walked away without even saying bye, she might be mad "So you wanted to talk to me?" Right.

"Yeah, wait at my locker for me after dance class, I don't want you to see it"

"Why not?" Really? "I'll be dancing with Nick, and after we kissed last night I don't want you to see that even though we aren't exactly dating" he looked disappointed?

"Oh, well after dance they give you a ten minutes break right? Why don't we talk about 'Us' then?" Aw sweet.. 'Us' that comment makes me melt.

"Jules?" Oh right, I'm in a conversation "Yeah sure, see you after?" Before he can even answer the bell goes so I run to get changed

I walk into the gym hall and I feel like I'm facing my worst nightmare "So partner, you ready?" Nick... "Uh, yeah I'm ready"

He grabs my hand and we start dancing.

As we're dancing the same thing happens...I see Luke walking through the mirror and we start dancing while singing that song from my dream. I think I'll call it perfect harmony

"That was great! We did awesome" No Nick, I did..with Luke. "I uh, gotta go" Same dance, same song, same drama.

Flynn finds me sitting at the piano, again. "Really Jules? You did this last time" Ugh

"Yeah, same reason too. We're preforming again so let me guess, right now you're texting Nick from my phone asking him to come tonight, with too many smiley faces and now you're about to tell me to avoid Luke's 'big, dead eyes' right?"

"Yup!" Shoot I gotta go meet Luke. "I'll see you later Flynn" I can't deal with this today

"Bye Jules"

As expected I found Luke at my locker "Okay I don't have much time so, I wanna make us official but we can't tell anyone okay?" He just laughed and hugged me "Of course Jules" I love it when he calls me that

"I'll see you later Luke" he just smiled and nodded, then poofed out

Skip to Julie's garage concert with the boys

"Hi guys, thanks for coming again. Today we decided to sing 'Finally Free' and uh, have fun"

I start playing the piano and then Alex comes in with the drums, while Luke and Reggie come in with the basses

I interact with Reggie and Alex, just as I turn around to interact with Luke I remember what Flynn said 'ignore those big, brown, dead eyes.' So i just looked at him with a sad look and move further forward.

I turned around just in time to see Luke and Reggie staring at me, Luke with a sad expression while singing 'I've got a spark in me' and Reggie with an expression that says 'Your hurting him but it's funny'

I turn back around and just start singing, I climb onto the piano hoping Luke will do what he done during 'Edge of great' and luckily for me he did.

Luke came up to me playing the bass while I look down at him with a smile

Julie: I got a spark in me...
Luke: I got a spark in me
Julie: And your apart of me
Luke: And your apart of me..
Julie: not till eternity...
Like: not till eternity
Julie: been so long and now we're finally free!

Alex and Reggie disappeared but Luke stayed, just long enough to make eye contact with me for 5 seconds, we started leaning in and just before our lips could touch he was gone.

I looked to the front and just gave an awkward laugh and ran into the house. About an hour later I got a text from Flynn

Flynn 😻✨~ Hey girl!! Thought we said no eye contact?
Julie 🎤🦋~ Yeah, but i couldn't help it. The more I try to ignore him, the more I realise he's what I want 🥺
Flynn 😻✨~ Girl, you gotta get over this Luke thing!! He's made of air
Julie 🎤🦋~ Cute air...
Flynn 😻✨~ Girl bye

All Julie could do was turn her phone off and sit in silence, that was until Reggie and Alex poofed into her room

"Julie, why were you ignoring Luke during the performance, just like you did last time?" After Reggie said that Alex just stared at Julie, she must've hurt Luke it the guys are here

"Reggie, you laughed while I done it, but if you wanna know just read these texts between me and Flynn" Julie handed her phone to Reggie and Alex

"Woah..." Is that really all Alex can say? Woah? Neither of the guys have really spoken to her lately! "Julie, Luke is really hurt. He's sitting on the couch staring into space with a sad/mad expression on his face so me and Reggie came here to ask you why. You know it's serious if me, the dad of the group, is getting involved" Reggie just nodded, but before I could say anything the guys poofed out.

"Guys!! Come back!" They came back, wow they actually listened for once "What Julie, look Reggie has to go find his parents so is it okay if he goes?" Damn..

"Yeah obviously, see ya later Reggie" And with that he was gone "So what's up Julie?" Ah yes..the truth is finally about to get told

"Me and Luke started dating today, but secretly. I feel really bad for ignoring him but Flynn got to me and I'm a terrible girlfriend!" By then Julie was sobbing.

Alex wrapped his arms around Julie "Hey, look at me" Julie looked up at him with tear filled eyes "You're not a bad girlfriend, but you really need to undo what u just done, Luke's hurting real bad, worse than the jolts. Yeah you were wrong for ignoring him but he did tell us once 'if me and Julie were to date I'd want the first week or so to be a secret to make sure it's what we both want' Just go talk to him, he's in the studio"

Before Julie could even answer he was gone. 'I have to fix this' she thought.