Chapter 16

(The picture above is what Hope is wearing in the chapter.)

Hope's POV:

     I stopped just before my hand turned the brassy door knob. I looked around everything started to cave in on me. They did as if they all were sucked inside of me, my heart was racing out of panic. I close my eyes tightly so my heart would hopefully slow down but it didn't. Wind was now whirling around me, with sharp sand that cut my skin beating against my face. It all suddenly stopped. I open my eyes to find a familiar setting of when I was little and Cere left me in the dessert. Everything was still with sand frozen in the air. Everything except the girl who tried frantically to board the large ship called the Mantis, but was held back by one of her childhood role models. Even the force was not with her then.

     "No! Don't do this to me!" ,the little girl cried, "Please, I'll die out here all on my own! Don't abandon me like you did to Trilla!" As if Cere felt nothing for the young and innocent being she closed the door with the other two traitors standing behind her. Greez shook his head while Marin looked at her feet. BD stood by the young ones side with a sad beep. Just before the door closed the girl yelled one final time, "Master Kestis wouldn't want this and when I find him, we'll leave you just like you are leaving me!!!" The girl collapses to the ground in tears.

     "Stop!!! Wait you can't leave her! She still needs you!" I yell in between sobs of my own.

      The girl gets up startled and spins around yelling for help as she walks towards me. But only a muffled noise escaped her mouth for sand had filled it as she, herself was swooped away with the wind turning into grains of sand. The harsh wind and extreme sand returned. The storm whirled around me vigorously. They need to come back they have to!!! A scream of rage escaped me making the storm worsen in some mysterious way.

     Just then a tap of warm skin hit my shoulder. I turned my head slowly, and there stood Cal his own knees soon fell as he hugged me tightly. All of the sand that had been my past came crashing down on me, not Cal, me. After all, it was the weight and burden that I carried.

     The sand pulled my back to the hallway in the small adobe home with all of the walls in tact. I open my eyes and slowly get to my feet with Cal still on his knees. Why? Why did the force have to let him see that awful sight?

      Not even looking at him I said, "Well there you have it. That's why I'll never forgive Cere." I ran towards the at the end of the hallway with tears streaming down my face. Pushing a door open with all my might. I ran to a near by hill in which I climb and sit on. My crying slowed down and I finally take a breath of fresh air.

     Shortly after Cal came and sat next to me. Could I run? No he would catch me, plus I'm already tired of running, of other people running, like Cere.

     "She really did leave you. Huh?" I nodded without saying anything and curled up in a ball. My brown hair drapes along my shoulders covering my face.

      I sniffled since the nights were always cold, and the suns were setting. It really is a beautiful thing. Cal didn't even try pushing on the subject anymore he just sat there next to me. I slowly rest my head on his shoulder. Nervous, I let my stomach filled with butterflies take my mind off of what had just went down in the small hallway. The suns slowly continue on their path as peace fills the air. I wish that I could just stay in this moment forever. Even if he thinks that I'm a total baby or loser, maybe a weirdo. Wow way to ruin the mood Hope.

      Something wrapped around me electrocuting me. I couldn't move but with the small might I have, I turn my head to look at Cal and all I saw was his perfect green eyes looking at my own green ones in shock and worry. But everything went black as panic spread throughout me.

     I slowly open my eyes with a horrible burning, and stand up with a nasty dizzy spell. In fact I have never had one this bad before. All that comes into view is a blur of red lights and black darkness with very little light. To dizzy to stand my knees hit the ground and I start to get sick. My stomach makes unpleasant noises and leaves a mess in front of me.

     What happened to me? Where am I? I close my eyes to concentrate. Common Hope what happened? I know it's in there somewhere. Wait! Cal and his green eyes I remember them! Just before I felt an awful pain.

     I open my eyes again and find they are much less blurry then before. A dark hallway lies ahead. Well I have done crazier things. I stand up slowly to make sure I don't get sick again. My feet take few steps forward. The sound of my feet landing in occasional puddles echo throughout the hall. "Creepy." I murmur.

     Gears turning breaks the silence and nearly give me a heart attack. Did the gears do something? As if to answer my question bright red lights turn on. The floor starts to rise at least I think they do? Wait, what's going on?!

     I look down to find a small circular piece of the floor cut out around me. It lifts me up to the ceiling where there is a circle cut out as well that I rise out of. The lights get brighter so I close my eyes and open them again. This time much more clearly. I blink once and then twice to make sure that it's not a nightmare.

     I'm in an imperial hallway...

A/N: Hey everyone!!! Sorry for the long wait. I had writers block and have been trying to get this chapter right for the past two weeks, and school was no help either. Anyway, Happy Chocolate Cupcake Day!!! Thank you so much for reading I hope you enjoyed the chapter and a new one will be coming out later this week!