Chapter 11

After I woke up I found mom and dad sitting at the dining table, having breakfast.

"Sweetie, goodmorning? What would you like for breakfast?"

"Eggs and bacon are just fine."

I don't know why, but seeing them here in the dining table having breakfast, just the three of us feel so surreal. I always had my meal by myself since mom left. My mom's friend didn't have any kids and was always rushing to work. So I was left all by myself. To take care of myself, go to school by myself, clean myself up and more.

Just having this kind of bonding time feels so precious, even if they are not my real parents. I suddenly felt bad for the real Ailey, she suddenly left the world. If Mr. And Ms. Taylor knew about this they would definitely be devastated.

"Say Ailey why don't you stay here for a week? Your dad and I will also take a break from the company to accompany you. Also maybe jog your memories a bit. We'll do things you enjoyed the most in the past and hopefully you'll remember them."

"Really?! Sure, sounds fun. Thanks mom and dad"

"Of course, anything for my little girl."
I suddenly felt very excited. I've never have done this before. Before I have to grow up fast for me to take care of myself, but now I feel like a little kid again.

________________

Everyone inside the meeting room was terrified as hell. No one dared to breathe too loudly. They knew there boss was cold, but today, he was extra cold. What the hell happened to him?

It's been a week since Ailey has gone to her parents house. I don't know why but everyday I have started to come home early. I don't know what I'm expecting but I still came home early. Lately I don't have much appetite even if I've gone from my favorite restaurant or invited top class chefs. I can't seem to find my apetite on anything. Another weird thing is, Ailey never called my phone. I tried unblocking her number to see if she called or left a message, I even checked my assistant's phone to see if she tried contacting me through him, but to no avail she never contacted me even once.

In the past, she would contact me 24/7 to the point that I have to block her number. She would also wait at home obediently even if I came home at 12 am. She would constantly cling on to me on anyway possible, but now she hasn't even contacted me this past week, not even once. I don't know if this is because she lost her memory, but isn't she supposed to be a good wife? She always says that a wife should do this to her husband or whatever, but is this what a good wife would do? Ignore her husband for a week?

I don't know what I'm getting at. This is always what I wanted. A breathing space from her. This is a good thing this way she wouldn't cause a ruckus when I suddenly divorce her. This is good. No strings attached this is just what I wanted. When I took over the company we could peacefully part ways........

But why am I so annoyed by this?

-------------

Heyoooo watsss up. So I haven't updated in a week, I just want to say I'm sorry, but school works just kept on increasing and I can't find time to update.

So I present you...   (cue the drumrolls)

4 new chapterrssss.

Don't worry you guyss a certain someone will come back in future chapters, but for now let's just enjoy there goofy interactions with each other before I hit you all, my beloved readers, with shit tons of drama.