Goodbye

A/N: The finale is here! The last episode of one of my favorite seasons, I almost can't believe it! Just like last time, I'll be posting an epilogue today and a last note, so if you could read those too, it would mean a lot to me. Anyway, enjoy!

The glee kids were all reunited in the choir room, scattered around as the five original members — as they had called themselves — stood in the middle of the room, redoing their performance of Sit down you're rocking the boat that had been, apparently, the first song they had ever performed. And it showed too because as adorable as the sentimentalism in it was, the dancing was horrifying.

Still, they all clapped and laughed when they were done — jazz hands and everything.

"That was the most ghetto number I have ever seen." Santana teased from her place beside Brittany at a desk as Emily spun a bit in her chair to look at her with a smile, her knees knocking on Quinn's as the girl spun in her seat to look at their friend as well.

"Then just call me George Jefferson, because we went from the ghetto to the penthouse." Artie smiled. "National champs, baby!"

They all cheered then, watching as Mr. Schue walked into the room and walked straight to the white board, writing down goodbye in it before finally turning to look at the kids.

"This week's assignment is easy." He said, moving to take a seat in the middle of the room after Rachel, Mercedes, Artie, Tina and Kurt took their seats around the room as well. "Graduation is just a few days away. There's nothing left to prepare for. Our work here is done, so there's only one thing left to do: say goodbye."

At that, a few sad looks and soft smiles were shared and Quinn reached over to grab Emily's hand and give it a squeeze as Santana and Brittany linked their pinkies behind them like they used to.

"Underclassmen, pick some songs to say goodbye to the seniors." Mr. Schue continued. "Seniors, pick a song to say goodbye to us."

"A part of me wants to lock these doors and stay in here with everyone forever." Mercedes said, smiling at Emily since the girl was sat beside her.

"We can use the wastebasket for the toilet, and then we could eat Joe for the food, since she's been here the shortest, so we know her the least." Brittany offered, innocently but surprisingly logical.

Emily laughed at that, as Quinn and Santana shook their heads fondly at the blonde. The rest of the class laughed too, but it soon stopped when they noticed Mr. Schue picking up a guitar.

"I really hope you're about to rap." Quinn joked as everyone chuckled.

"No such luck." Mr. Schue chuckled with a shake of his head. "I'm leading by example here. This one is for you guys."

***

Emily and Brittany stood in their leotards backstage in the auditorium, hearing as Kirt and his dad talked and waiting for their cue to come out. They giggled quietly as Burt talked about Kurt as a kid and how, as much different as they were, they were still family and still loved each other. Emily smiled softly at that knowing how much Kurt actually meant to Burt considering he had gone all the way from, not only contacting her a few weeks before to ask for her help but also giving his all whenever he was practicing with her and Brittany.

But now, all that work would pay off because as soon as Burt started to put on the sequined glove in his hand and the girls walked out to stand on either side of him, Kurt's face was absolutely priceless.

"Do you remember when it started?" Burt had asked. "When we turned a corner and started walking towards each other, rather than in opposite directions?"