Engagement

The day has finally arrived. Papa Gill gets ready and goes to the hotel where they had arranged stay for their relatives arrived from Punjab. On the other hand Mumma Gill, Poori and Sweety (Naaz's Cousin) help Naaz in getting ready.

Naaz's POV:
I look at myself in the mirror while Sweety is styling my hair. I feel so nervous. Everything is happening so fast, I met Sidharth just 3 weeks back and today is our engagement. Past 2 years since I moved from Punjab to Bangalore had been so slow moving and without much excitement except for few horrible instances arising due to Paras. I enjoyed working and mingling with my office colleagues but there has always been a kind of void in my life. But ever since I met Sidharth my life has accelerated and moving at high speed involving all the emotions I could think of.

I like spending time and talking with Sidharth. But I'm not sure whether our relationship would ever reach to mark as that of a normal married couples. If Sidharth will ever consider me as his wife as that place is permanently occupied by Aishwarya. I am happy being his just a good friend who shares a special emotional attachment with him however would this emotion stay as is in future as well. Would my future self be ready to compromise and stop expecting the relation anything more than being just friends? If in future, I develop any other emotions, would I get hurt if he doesn't reciprocate it?

My eyes fill with tears and I move my eyeballs up to stop them from flowing down. I don't want Sweety or anyone else to notice my tears. If I blink the tears will spread the makeup and everyone would come to know that I cried. And finally I am successful in holding back my tears. I push all my insecurities to the back of my mind and instruct myself to face the situation as and when it arrives.

Sweety is done with styling my hair and she looks at me from the mirror and whistles. While my mumma turns to look at me and puts a kala tikka at the back of my head to avoid any evil eye. I smile at my typical Indian Mumma!

Papa arrives with chachu whilst other guest will start from hotel to Shukla Mansion. Papa looks at me and comes near me and kisses my forehead before giving a hug. Though my mumma is sensitive and soft at heart, it is my papa who loves me the most amongst both. He calls me his princess hence he named me 'Shehnaaz' - Pride of King. He is my King and I will always be his princess.

Papa Gill: Gudiya, itne din teri shaadi kab hogi ye chinta thi, ab teri shaadi ho rahi h, iss liye tujhse dur hone ka darr lag raha hai.

Naaz: Papa main toh 2 saal se apse dur hi hoon na? Agar yeh do saal aapko durr na lage toh aage bhi kaise durr ho jaongi? Waise bhi aap mujhe rulana nahi, mera make-up kharab ho jayega.. (making pout)

Papa Gill: (laughing) meri jhalli gudiya!! Chalo ab saare jaldi nikalna he hume, kahi der na ho jaaye.

We all drive to Shukla Mansion. All the other relatives also reach at the same time. Sidhanth welcomes all of us in and Sweety asks me "Is he my jiju?"

I didn't get time to show her Sidharth's photo, so she is excited to meet him. I turn my head from left to right and back in disagreement. I tell her "Do you remember the lyrics of you favourite song? It fits your Jiju. So whoever you think it suits that's your jiju. He is 'Munda Kukkad Kamaal da' Just watch out"

Sweety: Wow!! Didu, abhi se flat? Let me go and search the munda then.

Sweety is introduced to Sim, and they become good friends. Sweety goes around looking at every random guy in the house to find who is her jiju.

Her eyes fall on a person and the lyrics starts playing in her mind

Inna sona, inna cool (So charming, so cool)
Munda aena wonderful (The guy is wonderful)
Ennu vekhe ke munde toh kehnde (On seeing him, the other guys say)
Oh my god