Planning

The next morning I woke up with Justin and Kota still asleep. I got up to get dressed but I totally forgot that were in a zombie world now so there was probably no need for that. As I went to the door there was silence. I thought the rest were still asleep so I opened the door. I looked around to see if there was anyone but just heard silence. I went down stairs to see if anyone was awake but no one.

I went into the kitchen and living. No one so I went up stairs and checked in all of the rooms. No one. I went back then to have a look around then came upon a note on the door which was boarded up. The note was nailed so I ripped it off. I read it and it said...

Dear, Sarah

    I'm so so very sorry but we had to leave because some group of hazardous team or some clean up crew came by the house. They were wearing yellow suites with that hazard sign in front of their suits. They were looking for something until they heard us in the house. They came and surrounded the house with their weapons. They barge in and took us without questions asked. I told them if we could write a note just in case if anyone came by and wondered what happen so they let me but I'm really writing to you. They're taking us somewhere but you need to help us please, you're our last hope.

          Sincerely, Grace

I didnt know what else to say so I just sat on the couch and thought to myself. I cant save them, what hazardous team?, why they take them?, where are they taking them?. So many thoughts went through my mind. But a flash back came to me, when all this started I found a note in my car that my husband wrote, he said he worked for a secret corporation so thats probably where they're taking them. But the only question remained, where at?. So I ran up the stairs to get Justin and Kota. I woke them up.

"What are you doing?" Justin said

"Come on we got to go now"

"Why?" said Justin

"Because we got to get out of here, pack anything useful" I said

"So would we have to get food, water and weapons?" said Kota.

"Duh basically" Justin said

"Come on we leave at noon" I said

After we got everything set, we set out to go find some places and find more resources. We had to go through the back because it was the only way out. Those things were in the front of the house but the back was clear. We unlocked the door and opened it. We all went out and the backyard had a wooden fence. We had to climb over it. We all did but I was last since I would've took forever. We all made it over and saw the neighborhood. It was quiet but had moans fill the air. We ran and hid in front of a house. I went to look in the back of the house. It only had two walkers so I ran back to Justin and Kota.

"Do we have anything to kill those walkers"

"No we couldnt find anything in the house so we just left without taking anything" Kota said

"Okay so here's what we're going to do, there's two walkers on the other side of the backyard. I'm going to go stand by the fence and crouch down. Then Kota you start running as fast as you can and step on my back to jump over the fence, okay? Then afterwards your turn Justin, go as soon as Kota makes it over the fence before those walkers hear us"

"Got it" said Justin and Kota

"1,2,3 go!" I whispered

I ran by the fence and got into a crouch position, ready. The two walkers saw me and started coming my direction. Kota went, she ran fast and stepped on my back then I gave her a boost. She made it over but heard her land hard. I didn't want to say anything or else we'll get more walkers attention. It was then Justin's turn, he ran and stepped on me but once he stepped on me his foot slipped and his whole body slammed against the fence and he fell back down on both of his feet. Me and him didn't make it over the fence.

"Shit!" I said

"What do we do mom!" Justin yelled

The two walkers were walking toward us and were coming closer. I told him to redo it but quickly. He ran back a distant, then he ran, stepped on me properly and went over like a heavy rock but eventually made it over. So I didnt have time to go over so I went to fight the two walkers. I ran to one of them and kicked it hard enough that it fell over. The other one came right at me and put its hand on my shoulder then it opens its mouth to try to bite me. I quickly held its forehead so avoid being bite and its jaw was wide open. I tried pushing it but I wasted half my energy on that kick. Then I saw a rock on the ground so I fell with it. I kept one hand on its forehead. With the other hand I grabbed the rock and hit on the side of the head. It fell over me and I got up. I ran to where Justin and Kota were standing, by the other side of the fence.

The first walker I kicked got up and walked my way. The walker almost got in my way but I pushed it over and it fell again. I ran back toward a distant so that I can jump the fence next. I then ran my fastest toward the fence and jumped my highest on it. Half of my body was hanging on the fence and I used my strength to crawl over the top of the fence. The thing I hit with the rock must've got up as soon as I jumped the fence, I must of kicked its head or jaw because it fell on the ground after I made it over. I landed on my stomach first really hard and couldn't breath for a minute. Justin and Kota ran to me if I was okay.

"Mom! Are you okay!" Kota yelled at me

While I had a hard time breathing I said yes many times out of breath, trying to keep them calm

I slowly got up and I looked around. I slowly caught my breath and I was breathing normally. I noticed many building in front of us and a alley. We ran into the alley with only two ways. So we went to the right side. We ran down the dried alley and we found a city downhill. It was a really long hill downward but we could see the city clearly. We were standing on a road that lead to the city which connected to a highway and the other one which lead the way out of the neighborhood with a lonely road to somewhere. There were many cars in two rows that blocked the road into the city and also into the neighborhood. We heard running coming from the alley and saw a dark figure running toward us. We ran toward the building and hid by the sides of the building that lead into the alley.

It came closer and closer. I told Justin and Kota to be quiet or its going to come after us. I looked around quickly trying to find a weapon and I saw a pocket knife laying by the side of the road by a car. The car was in no sight of the alley and it was beside us, "What luck" I whispered to myself. I quickly ran to pick up the pocket knife and ran back into my same hiding position. When I heard running coming closer I had to time when I was going to jump out and fight that thing. The running suddenly stopped and it started walking. I got so scared but I was determined to fight this thing. I suddenly jumped out with the pocket knife in my hand and showed myself but it wasn't one of those things. I got in shocked with my eyes wide open and my mouth opening slowly, it was her and I couldn't believe it. I was so happy to see her again I thought she didn't make it.