Finding another way

It was Kelly! I didnt know that she was going to survive those two sprinters when she ran back into the school. I was so glad that I met her again, she helped us so much.

"Oh my god! I never thought I found you guys again" Kelly said

"I know and I never thought I would see you again" I said

"I ran back into the school and I ran all over the hallways. I even ran onto the second floor but I was running to fast that they couldn't find me so then I ran out of the school. I followed the road that you guys took off too and saw the car. I thought you guys were gone but I didn't lose hope, I went all around the neighborhood to look for you" Kelly said

"Aren't you tired of running and are you dehydrated?" I said

"Yeah I could use some water right now" Kelly said as she bent over and put her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath.

"Justin give Kelly a water from your backpack" I said

Justin said "Okay wait, let me get one out"

After he dig through the bag he finally found one and gave Kelly one. As she gulped down the first one she asked for another one. Justin then gave her a second one but Kelly only finished three fourths of it. I told her to keep it in her back pocket so she did. I asked her if there was a way that we could get out of the neighborhood and city.

"But there's a army set out  just in the city" Kelly said

"No! Its to dangerous to go there, especially with Kota and Justin" I said angerly

"I know but that's the only way to be safe and maybe the army could evacuate us to another army base full of normal people" said Kelly

"Well... " I said undecidedly

"So are we going there then?" said Kelly in a firm voice

"Okay... but! We all have to stick together and work together" I said

We looked around the abandon highway with cars that looked untouched for days now. We ran on the road that connected the highway. As soon as we got on the highway, we then ran down hill, still on the highway into the city. I knew we are all going to die but I still had the faith in me. We ran between the cars and I stopped. I looked around the cars and found some useful stuff in a car. I walked over to a old red truck. The door was still opened. I was surprised, usually people would lock their cars if a disaster like this would happen. I opened it all the way and jumped back thinking that a walker would be in the backseat but I checked, nothing.

It was just another bag. I opened the bag and found a kitchen knife, a pistol and only one clip with it. I took it and ran to regroup with the others. I had to sprint since they were really far from me. I yelled Kelly's name to stop the group from walking any further. She saw me running down with the backpack. As soon as I stopped in front of Kelly, Justin and Kota, I told them that I found a knife and a pistol.

"Guys!" I said

"What!" said Kelly

"I found a knife and a pistol in a bag" I said with excitement

"You did? said Kelly

"Yes! Kelly you could take the pistol and I could take the knife" I said with a command voice

"Yes, that is a great idea" said Kelly

She took the pistol and I took the knife. Kelly examined the pistol with awe, I knew she liked it and a pistol about right now is really useful. We then started to run down the highway. All four of us looked out for each other, like a family but going against the undead wicked world. It took us about an hour and a half but we were in front of the city. There were signs that were leading to a military base camp. It also had a map to the base camp. It read "Military base camp here in the city, about east of here, there are survivors in numbers, sanctuary is here and has protection, please come".

"They sound promising" I said

"They better" Kelly said

"Will they protect us?" said Justin

"Well by the way I read it, they should" I said

"Well we shouldn't waste any daylight and keep a move on" Kelly said

We looked at the map, studied it then ran east of the city. We had to face the undead but it was worth getting into that base camp. We were actually going to see normal people again, actually get to socialize with one another, I was excited.

But there was something blocking our way.

"Oh no... It cant be no, no, no it cant be!" I said

"It cant be" Kelly whispered under her breath.

We all couldn't believe it, we were going to make it? Or what?