Chapter 2.

Word count: 1433 words

Nandini

It was the first period now.Miss Annika gave us the time table for the day and started with appointing various duties to everybody.

Honestly,unlike the other girls,I don't like decorating the soft boards and stuff.I mean,I'd rather go and play cricket than stay back and draw.

No no I'm not the athletic kinds.Though I really adore girls running.Okay shit,that sounds wrong.But yeah,I don't have that kind of stamina.I can run super fast for like 50 meters but I can't catch my breath for minutes later.So I just prefer cricket.

Oh shit.I almost forgot..HE is sitting right behind me with another guy who I suppose is called Cabir.Yeah I know Cabir because I've seen him pranking people.He is quite famous at school for that.And for some reason,I am really uncomfortable to sit in front of HIM.

'Manik.Manik Malhotra.' Abhimanyu had said when he caught me staring at Manik or specifically,his shoes,10 minutes ago.

Well obviously my best friend knows about my obsession.Okay I know this is weird.But I really do have a problem with all the sticky and slimy things.Especially egg yolk,mud,cement and stuff.Ewww I feel ants crawling up my cheeks when I see them.

Well I had a really bad first impression of Manik until I got to know that he was a part of the school cricket team and they had to come to school at 6 in the morning and practice.So yeah,forgive him just for cricket's sake.

But also because he is hotttttt.Like actor type hot.Ranbir Kapoor,Vicky Kaushal,Fawad Khan types!!!!!!

No no,I am not crushing.Its not everyday that you see a good looking guy here at Xaviers.Or maybe I don't find any of them appealing enough.Novels padh padh ke hum jaisi ladkiyon ki expectations aasmaan par hain.

'So who'd like to be the first class monitor of the session then?' Miss Annika announced bringing me out of my La La Land.

Okay no.I'm definitely not wanting to be a monitor.Yaar monitor banna bhi kise hai?Matlab you're saying ki free time me rather than enjoying and gossiping with friends,hum doosron ka fun bhi spoil karein?

And if by any chance I'm the monitor,I bet ye poori class mujhe hate karegi.

'Nandini?What about you?' Ma'am said as I pretended to look through my bag so she wouldn't notice me.

I cursed in mind.Like seriously Aaiyappa?Dhokha?Phir se?

Abhimanyu pinched my knuckle and signalled me to stand up while I cursed my fate.

I stood,hesitantly.

Obviously I couldn't deny.

Just when I was about to say something,a voice echoed through the room.

'No ma'am wait.'

I ran my eyes around the room only to find Aryamman standing on his seat two rows away.

'Uhh I mean she is new here na.And you know our class very well.They will trouble her so much.She doesn't even know how to handle us.Maybe Manik should become the monitor.' he said.

And then the only song that played in my head was 'Tujhme Rabb Dikhta Hai' as I smiled sheepishly at Aryamman.

'Hmm..Yes you are right.And plus,Manik is usually responsible for all the havoc in the class.So this will give him a chance to improve too.Manik,come and take the badge.'

I then mouthed a dramatic 'Thank you' to Aryamman while he winked and replied with a 'Got you'.

It just felt so good to have someone stand up for you.In this case,he literally stood up for me lol.