Chapter 6.

Word count: 1243 words

Manik

"So basically problem kya hai?" Cabir asked me as we threw ourselves on the couch.

"Problem?Problem ye hai that I cannot stand that girl even for a second." I replied.

"And why is that so?I mean,you have started to dislike her in a day?and without any reason?" he asked the question I was hoping he wouldn't.

"Because...because I-" I started in search of a logical reason.

"I'll tell you.You like her.And this liking is not fresh.You like her since a long time.Am I right or am I right?" he interrupted.

"What?What the-?Do you realise what you are even shitting out of your mouth?I will like that nerd?Lol.Joke of the century." I covered up

"Baba Maan-ek,Jitna I know you na,you don't give explanations for everything I say.So why this?"

"Cabir.Because this is total crap.You think you will say things out of nowhere and I will shut up and listen."

"Acha.Nowhere?So you mean you never stared Nandini Murthy in the assembly in the ground,ever?You never stalked her instagram?You never asked me to inquire if Abhimanyu was her boyfriend?You mean she never kissed your-"

"Kisss?Where did that come from?Listen,I told you that because I trusted you.Dare you speak about that again." I spoke in a louder voice and fake glared.

"And..okay,I mean.It was just curiosity,Cabir.I don't have any feelings towards her anymore.I only like one girl who's gonna be my girlfriend soon and you know that." I changed the topic.

I wanted to stop thinking of her.Stop talking about her.Stop remembering every single detail.About when she tucks her hair flick behind her hair and when she folds the sleeves of her shirt.Ughhh.

"Chalo.I don't have anything to do with this.Just an advice,Manik.Don't treat her bad without a reason.If you do that,I'll presume you still like her.I'm going now.Aaj dad ki party pe bhi jaana hai." Cabir said as he stood up and picked his bag to go.

I really need a break.A break from Nandini Murthy.Why is she everywhere,uffff!

■ ■ ■ ■

The next day

"Okay,listen.I know I was mean to you without any reason.And.....and I'm sorr-.Yeah,that..So,Nandini,should we start afresh?" I sat on the first seat and prepared my speech for Nandini.

This is tough.Why is messing things so easy but making up for them so tough?But I know I have to do this.Otherwise Cabir will think I still lov- like her.

"Who are you talking to?" A voice called.

There she was.With her backpack on her shoulder,looking ......horrified?Oh no.Did she hear me?

"Aye hello?Kis se baat kar rahe ho?" She asked again as I gawked at her face.

"Kiss....se.Uh I mean..."

I mentally slapped myself.

Manik malhotra,say something.Anything.Any word will be better than the silence.There is nothing you can say to make this worse.

"Um do you wanna get fresh?" I said.

Shit.I screwed up.Shouldn't have said anything.

"What?" she said and her face looked like she had just seen a ghost.

"Um..sit,sit.There is time for assembly.I want to talk to you." I scratched my head and fake laughed.

I can tell she was very shocked by how I was being nice to her.Cute.NO.NO.NOT CUTE.FOCUS,MANIK.