𝐓𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER TWO:JEAN GREY

CHAPTER TWO:
JEAN GREY

THE TWO FRIENDS CONTINUED TO walk, Aurelia completely forgetting about the situation that had only taken place a few moments prior. It was peaceful, watching the children play with one another, laughing in joy. Her eyes landed on a redhead, one she had only had a few conversations with here at there. She was holding a bow, aiming her arrow before shooting and landing it on the target. Aurelia smiled at this.

"You should teach me how to shoot one of those." Aurelia spoke as she and Scott grew closer to the Grey girl. Jean was surprised by the blonde, not really used to people walking up to her on their own terms and speaking with her. She gave a small smile.

"Sure." Jean looked at the blonde, knowing exactly who she was, what she could do, and everything about her that there was to know. Aurelia Quinn was one of the kindest girls that roamed the school grounds, she was someone that Jean looked to and could always manage a smile. She never had a bad thing to say about anyone, and that was something that you didn't find often in the world they lived in.

"This should be entertaining." Scott mused from beside the Quinn girl, making her nudge his side, a joking scoff falling from her lips.

"Hey, I got this." Aurelia walked up to stand beside Jean, the redhead the same height as Aurelia. For girls their age, they were taller than most. She smiled at the redhead. "Hello, Jean."

"Aurelia." Jean nodded, giving a small smile back.

"Alright, teach me, wise one."

Jean smiled in amusement at this before showing the girl the instructions, and then demonstrating. Aurelia gracefully took the bow from the girl's hands, placing an arrow between her hands before attaching it to the string of the bow. She glanced at Jean.

"Like this?"

Jean looked at the girl before turning and moving her arms and inch lower, straightening her shoulders out before taking a step back and nodding her head. "There. Now, just aim, and shoot." Aurelia looked at the target that was across the pond before doing as Jean told her to do, and letting go of the arrow. She watched it fly through the air before landing perfectly on the bullseye.

"Hah!" Aurelia shouted, raising her arms in the air. She looked at Scott. "See, I told you I could do it."

"You're a natural." Jean smiled at the blonde. Aurelia smiled back.

"Well, you taught me, so I had to heighten my standards." Aurelia looked at the redhead, a gentle smile on her feaures as she cocked her head lightly. "Why don't we ever talk?"

"Because, people don't really talk to someone like me." Jean answered. "I scare them."

"You don't scare me." Aurelia frowned. She glanced at Scott, asking a silent question to which he just shrugged his shoulders to. She smiled again, turning back towards Jean. "Scotty and I are going out to the lake tonight, just to hang out and get away from the school, would you like to join us?"

"Oh, uh, I wouldn't want to intrude."

"Why would you be intruding?" Scott quizzed.

"I don't know, I just thought. . ."

"That we were a thing?" Scott asked. The woman had to turn away to keep her cheeks from flushing in embarrassment. However, she turned back towards the two when she heard Aurelia's light hearted chuckle fall from her lips.

"Scott and I are only friends, Jean." Aurelia smiled, amusement in her voice. "And we will forever only be friends. Because, I don't swing that way."

"Oh." Jean muttered before she realized what the girl said. "Oh."

Aurelia let out another amused chuckle, nodding her head. "Don't worry, it's an often mistake. We're used to it by now. If it makes you feel any better, Scott would be the one intruding." She gave a playful wink before letting out another laugh. "I hope to see you there."

"O-okay." Jean stuttered, her heart stuttering in her chest. Aurelia gave a small wave before she turned and grabbed Scott's hand, walking away. Jean watched her until she could no longer see the blonde. She turned back towards the target, her bow in her hands. She looked at the arrow before using her powers to bring out of the target and back towards her. She caught it before glancing in the direction Aurelia had gone, the smallest of smiles falling onto her face.

 She caught it before glancing in the direction Aurelia had gone, the smallest of smiles falling onto her face