drivers license

johnnys p.o.v
       -part two out of two.

it was twelve am and johnny cade wasnt in bed asleep. no, instead he was outside, he put the key in the car and turned it, the music on the radio beginning to play, the sound of car, huh.

"I got my driver's license last week
Just like we always talked about"

he backed out of the garage the car was shoved in, surprised it even worked. he had gotten his driver license this week. instead of calling Dally immediately like they had planned he walked home in silence, the wind talking and whispering to him.

"'Cause you were so excited for me
To finally drive up to your house"

"when you get your license you can just drive aaall the way to mines," he heard dally on the other line, he could almost hear his dumb smile
"you live so far away though," Johnny complained, laying on bed, imagining he was here. next to him.
"will it be worth it though?"
"yeah."

"But today I drove through the suburbs
Crying 'cause you weren't around"

He heard a sniffle, who was that? oh wait that was him. he wiped his tears, he kept driving, lights surrounding him. lights that reminded him like Christmas lights. christmas lights that reminded him of when he fell for Dallas Winston.

"And you're probably with that blonde girl
Who always made me doubt"

dally: can i add you to a gc? i want you to meet my friends :))
johnny: yeah sure :0

-
johnny: who's sylvia again??
dally: my friend but we used to date, for a bit tho we're only friends now
johnny: cool okay :))

"She's so much older than me
She's everything I'm insecure about"

He tried to convince himself not to look at her profile, he had no reason to. he knew he was going to regret it. but his fingers ached to tap on her icon to open the profile. just one click away.
click.
instant regret. she was pretty. pale skin, long hair and confident.
he immediately felt self conscious, looking down at his tanned skin.

"Yeah, today I drove through the suburbs
'Cause how could I ever love someone else?"

the light's slowly became less constant, only seeing five or four turn to nothing. he began to feel a sense of relief, a sudden wave of a comfortable deja vu

"And I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way for no one"

time after time he tried to meet different people and took his friends advice but nothing filled the cracks that dallas winston made when he left.

"And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay now that I'm gone"

and time after time he would see him on his feed. with her. happy. close, together. and he realized that couldve never been them. but it still hurt. how could he just be okay?

"Guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me"

"he's different. he's special i just know he is. i really do love him." Johnny took off his head phone before he could hear what the other said, feeling like he was intruding. they were on call but he went on mute while Ponyboy dropped him off. he thought he meant those words.

"Cause you said forever, now I drive alone past your street"

johnny: i love you, i always will