-Prologue-

I always knew that we'd be by each other's side forever.

The rubble-covered hillsides held the remains of something that once was. Long ago, there was a nation, built based around the fleeting idea of freedom and hope and slowly nurtured into what became a great being. A man and his close-knit group of comrades had slaved away perfecting the nation to be exactly how they had wanted it, now look what it had become.

Now our time has come and I'd be satisfied if we died together.

Smoke billowed out of small holes in the ground as ash rained noiselessly from the sky. One sole witness was all that could be asked about the events that led up to this point, but even he lay unresponsive in the rubble. The weight of his creation now resting upon him, quite literally.

Yeah, our climate's fucked- we might as well enjoy the weather.

The heat was unbearable, the sickening smell of old gasoline and burned, well, burned everything, hung in the air like the rotten stench of aerosol. A body slowly shifted in the rubble, fighting for breath, but all he could suck into his lungs were the last flaming chunks of long-since deceased hope.

Our time is up and I'd be satisfied if we died together.

As he took his last few breaths, feeling metal and wood jab into his frail body from all angles, the tired man made a mental note to himself- not an apology, the opposite actually- to never feel sorry for any of the sins he had committed over the past month. In remembrance, he sighed. Lots of meaningful lives had been lost over a short span of time. 'Oh well,' The man started to let his eyes close slowly as he recalled his deeds. 'What's one more,'