Chapter 19: Epilogue

Third Person POV:

Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first of September was crisp and golden as an apple, and as the little family bobbed across the rumbling road towards the great sooty station, the fumes of car exhausts and the breath of pedestrians sparkled like cobwebs in the cold air. Two large caged rattled on top of the laden trolleys the parents were pushing; the owls inside them hooted indignantly, and the redheaded girl trailed tearfully behind her brothers, clutching her father's arm.

"It won't be long now, and you'll be going too," Harry told her.

"Two years," sniffed Lily. "I want to go now!"

The commuters stared curiously at the owls as the family wove its way towards the barrier between platforms nine and ten. Albus's voice drifted back to Harry over the surrounding clamor; his sons had resumed the argument they had started in the car.

"I won't! I won't be in Slytherin!"

"James, give it a rest!" said Ginny.

"I only said he might be," said James, grinning at his younger brother. "There's nothing wrong with that. He might be in Slyth—"

But James caught his mother's eye and fell silent. The five Potters approached the barrier. With a slightly cocky look over his shoulder at his younger brother, James took the trolley from his mother and broke into a run. A moment later, he had vanished.

"You'll right to me, won't you?" Albus asked his parents immediately, capitalizing on the momentary absence of his brother.

"Every day, if you want us to," said Ginny.

"Not every day," said Albus quickly. "James says most people only get letters from home about once a month."

"We wrote to James three times a week last year," said Ginny.

"And you don't want to believe everything he tells you about Hogwarts," Harry put in. "He likes a laugh, your brother."

Side by side, they pushed the second trolley forward, gathering speed. As they reached the barrier, Albus winced, but no collision came. Instead, the family emerged onto platform nine and three-quarters, which was obscured by thick white steam which was pouring from the scarlet Hogwarts Express. Indistinct figures were swarming through the mist, into which James had already disappeared.

Rhiannon's POV:

The children and I walked on the platform towards Platform 9 and 3/4, when I heard Harry's voice. Severus was walking behind us to keep an eye on our surroundings. Sev has been cautious when we go anywhere. He doesnt want to caught by surprise by any Death Eaters who might still hold a grudge. About 4 years after the end of Voldemort, Severus and I had two more children, another pair of twins. This time praternal twins, luckily they were a boy and a girl otherwise I would have trouble telling them apart.

"Daddy....?" Bathsheba whined. You might think that is a weird name, but I have been reading a lot of Muggle books lately. Mainly classics, and I fell in love with Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy. So I named Bathsheba after the main character, Bathsheba Everdene.

"Yes my dear?" Severus said coming up next to us.

"Why do Sallie, Heather and Salazar have to go to Hogwarts?" Bathsheba asked.

"Because they need to learn how to control their magic, my dear bumblebee." Sev answered. Sev has given all our children nicknames, even Heather got one. Sev calls her his little flame, because she is so fascinated with fire. He gave Sallie his bookworm. Sev calls Salazar his little Drama Queen, because he loves to cause trouble. And last but not least Jace. Sev calls Jace, Sunny, because he is so bright.