- Chapter three: Colder weather -

I toss and roll around in my blankets eventually coming into full consciousness. "Nnngghhh..." I toss the blankets to my side sitting up. It feels so early...And so rushed compared to the semi-relaxed few mornings I've had so far. I stand to my feet and begrudgingly get dressed and ready for the day. Maki has plans with Kaede today. So she won't be able to get her uniform in-person with us. I stumble down stairs and grab a small snack for breakfast before heading out the door into the chilling weather.

I shiver waiting for Kaito and Kokichi to show up. We always meet at the stop sign not far from our houses. I pull my scarf up above my nose which had turned a bit blue. The snow piled ontop of the ice made it difficult to walk, or even stand. "Hey, Shuichi!" About time they got here. Kaito and Kokichi rushed over, Kaito pulling Kokichi by his arm. "W-Where were you guys?" I question through my shivers. "We got caught in the snow. Huh, Kokichi?" Kaito glances at Kokichi then back to me. "Yeah, it's pretty bad down by the abandoned RV park." Kokichi answered, obviously freezing. "Can we stop by that new breakfast place down by the school? I didn't get much to eat this morning. Plus, I heard they've got good food."
"Sure. I'm down." Kokichi, Kaito and I barely held conversation as we made our way to the new breakfast place...Nnn...Otonashi dinner I believe it's called...

Not even 30 minutes of walking we finally made it to the entrance of the small dinner. It's a relatively small place, it's a nice, calm, blue color. On the inside it's an offset yellow, not so offset it ruins the colors though. We sat beside a little fireplace waiting for our order. "Wow, I never knew this place was even here. I would've come here more often if I did!" Kaito glanced around the room grinning.
"They only opened up a month or two ago, Kaito." I chuckle some.
Kaede walks up in a tight-fit uniform and a small notepad with the happiest smile on her face. "Hey! I wasn't expecting to see you guys here. On my first day nonetheless!" She giggled some as she smiled. "Kaede, hi! You work here?" I smile, adjusting in my seat so I can face her. "Yeah, started today! I'll be working full time here with Maki and Tsumugi." Kaede chuckles once more, her voice as harmonized as her paino skills.
"Anway, what can I get you guys?" She glaces to us all individually.
"Nnn...Some hot chocolate would be nice." Kokichi smiled and she jotted his order down. "Alright. Kaito?" She looked tword him with her pen to her notepad, ready to take his order just as quickly. "Yeah- uh- I'll have the same thing he's having."
"Mm-hm" Her hand moved swiftly over the note pad. "Got it! And how about you, Shuichi?"
"O-oh. U-uhm, I'll be having some tea and the small plate of pancakes."
I smile as she jots down my order, just as quickly as the others. She waves before walking into the staff only kitchen. Kokichi, Kaito and I held somewhat of a conversation, it was mostly Kaito rambling as Kokichi got annoyed. Not much time pasted before the small area had only a few people left. Our table and about four more. I happened to notice the same boy from the other day, Hajime Hinata, sitting at the counter drinking a small cup of orange juice alone.
"I'll be back. Tell me if Kaede comes back with the food, I'll be talking with that boy over there." I semi-interrupted Kaito when saying that. And without another word I got up and walked over to the counter. I took a seat on the stool beside his. "Hello. Nice to see you again, Hajime." I smile looking tword him.
"Gh? Oh. Hello, Shuichi. Nice to see you again as well." He returned the smile. "Are you here alone?" I ask him. I'm somewhat curious about his life.
______________________________________

I'm switching accounts that way I can actually use conversations, messages, ect. I'll follow everyone on this account who has followed me. I'll still continue Lucky Lies and Orange, Black and Blue on that account. It'll just take awhile.