When will Rachel settle down ?- Mermaids one shot

"Charlotte !! Charlotte !! Come here."

"What's wrong ? Is the baby about to be born? "

"No don't be ridiculous." Rachel rolled her eyes and held Charlotte's hand as she helped her off the bed.

Rachel Flax was currently pregnant with her third daughter. And obviously the father was Lou. But even after Rachel being pregnant she still didn't fully commit. She just thought that being 8 months pregnant wasn't a reason to commit.

"It's pretty late. And Lou isn't back from picking up Kate."

"I know mom but they are probably just somewhere."

Rachel nodded and pulled out a chair to sit in.

Not long after Kate's laugh could be heard from the porch.

"No! Put me down!!" Lou came in with Kate on his shoulder.

Rachel looked at her daughter and he lover with a serious manner.

Kate instantly got quieter and got off of Lou.

"Hey mom." Kate walked up to her mother and kissed her cheek.

"Hey sweetie. How was school?"

"Pretty great. My friend Caroline told me that I'm invited to her party on Saturday. Can I go? Please mom. I swear I'll act good."

"No."

"Please mom. Please ?"

"I said no Kate."

"Rachel. Just let her go. She's old enough to go to other kids parties. If you don't want to take her, I can."

"Lou.....I understand you want to help Kate out here. But you really can't decide on my other children."

"Kate can you please go to your room. We'll go  down for ice cream later." Louh said not taking his eyes off of Rachel.

Kate nodded without protest and walked to her room.

"Why are you being such a pain in the ass. I know that  things between us aren't the best. But you have no right to take it out on the girls."

"Funny that you bring out rights. Because you have absolutely no rights over my children."

"Your right. I'm sorry for caring for them since their mother is always doing something else."

Rachel smiled sarcastically and shifted in her chair as she started to feel something.

"Doing what exactly Lou?"

Lou rubbed his head and decided not to respond. He lowered his head for the hundredth time for the past months.

"Rachel.........we are having a child together.....we can't be fighting all the time. And this thing that we have between us. What is it?"

"Lou....." Rachel softened her tone as she started to feel pain in her lower stomach. Maybe from the alteration." I've been married. And looked how I ended up? With a child that clashes with me all the time. And yes, I love Charlotte with all my heart but you have to admit sometimes it's too much. And I don't want to end up like that again."

"Rachel.....I'm not him. Not every man is the same. We've been "together"." Lou said making air quotes." For over two years now. And now your pregnant. And I haven't walked away. How long do you need to understand that I'm here and ready?"

"I need more that just your words."

"Rachel you have way more than just my words. You have my actions."