Chapter 6

Updates will be slow, likely until around Christmas. Anyway, have this chapter.

Logan paid Virgil no attention whatsoever - something for which Virgil was grateful. Instead, the student was reading a non-fiction book about Alexander Hamilton.

All throughout the ride to school, Virgil was anxious. Would Logan recognize him? What if they tried to initiate a relationship? Could Virgil say no?

As much as he hated to think it, he couldn't help but notice Logan's features. The sunlight somehow captured the tone of Logan's skin in such a way that it seemed to shine.

Although he only caught glimpses, Virgil could see the piercing blue that were his soulmate's irises. The formal shirt they wore, the rectangular glasses framing their face, Virgil knew that if he wasn't careful, he'd fall hard.

Finally, they arrived at Sanders High, and Virgil let out a breath of relief. He waited until all the other students walked off the bus before taking his leave.

He glared up at the school as the sun beamed in his eyes. It was a two story building with a sleek, modern exterior. On one wall, next to the name, was their mascot: a lion.

The principal and founder of the school, Thomas, was known for his LGBTQ+ references, and Virgil knew this was one. Lions traveled in a group called a pride.

The lawn was green and narrow, but filled with tables for eating outside. The expansive parking lot was more than enough to fit the one thousand students that attended.

The field next to the school appeared to have a few uses: a football field, a temporary soccer field, and a track for running.

Groaning, Virgil Storm stomped into the school. Upon passing the entryway, he stopped short.

In front of him were the three people he most wanted to avoid: Patton Hart, Roman Prince, and Logan Berry.

Somehow, they'd already found each other. As he passed them, Virgil listened in to their conversation.

"What classes do you have? Ohh, I hope we have some together!" "I agree, dearest Patton!"

Virgil found the closest bulletin board he could and pretended to read the posters while eavesdropping. The three exchanged class schedules, and Virgil's heart froze.

He had many classes with Patton and Roman; from hearing them for only a few minutes, he knew they'd ask the most questions.

As quickly as he could, he rushed away and to the office. He hoped they hadn't seen him.

"Why are you here, dear? Schedule lost already?" He smiled at the friendly woman.

"No, actually, I was hoping to change my schedule." She nodded. "Of course! Just have a seat, and I'll call one of our counselors. They'll write you a late pass."

Virgil waited, knee bouncing nervously, and he examined the large room.

There were two receptionists, one on either wall. Behind him was the wall, next to him a line of chairs. On his right were the doors. Just like the outside, it was insanely modern and likely very expensive.

In front of him were three doors. The farthest to the right was labeled for the Vice Principal, Joan S. The middle was reserved for the behavior counselor, Kenny A.

The third, situated on the far left, was the principal: Thomas Sanders.

"Alright, kid! If you head out of the office, down the first hall to your left, then take the second room on your right, you'll find the counselors' offices. You know where that is, yeah?"