14

"Is he the mastermind behind all this?" Kunot-noong tanong ni Aiden sa dalaga.

Bahagya tumango ito. "Yes. But like some other villains in stories, he also have people who supports him. And what makes it a big deal? Those people who follows him are part of the aristocrats." She sighed.

Napaawang ang bibig ng binata. Alam niyang hindi basta-bastang tao ang kalaban nila. Kung Tito ito ng dalaga na isa palang prinsesa ay malamang na hindi rin dapat maliitin ang kapangyarihan nito. Isang malaking bagay pa ang mga tagasunod nito.

Families from aristocrats feels almighty just by holding a lot of money. He would not get shocked at the moment he'll knew the reason behind those aristocrats supporting Brandish' uncle. They are always about money and power.

"Well I can help in taking them down by hacking there system and revealing their secrets," He offered.

Umiling ang dalaga. "That won't do. We need a bigger power to take them down fully. Yes, we can put them down just by a single truth but that would probably be a heck of a ridiculous plan. The truth can be twisted these days. Specially if the person or people you are fighting have connections as well."

He pouted. "Then let's also use your family's connection. Like what they say, the enemies are not fighting you because you're weak. They're doing all this because you're strong."

She glanced at him. Smiling mischievously. "Are you cheering me up just now?"

He chuckled. "Isn't it obvious?"

"It wasn't, that's why I asked." Biro ng dalaga. Umiiling-iling nalang si Aiden. After that it went silent for awhile again. Not until Brandish spoke.

"Umm... Aiden..." May paga-alangan sa boses nito. Mukhang hindi nito alam kung dapat bang sabihin sa kanya ang mga sasabihin nito.

He glanced at her. Looking baffled.
"Yes?"

"Can I ask you something?" Pagpa-paalam nito.

He nodded. "Sure. Go ahead."

"Umm... You know... I was actually confused because you forgave me so easily. I mean- I really do appreciate it. But man's nature was not like that... it's far from being that..." Mababang wika ng dalaga.

"Not to be a sexist here- but, isn't it just impossible?" Kunot-noong tanong pa nito.

Matiim na tinitigan ng binata ang dalaga. "Why?"

"Men in general doesn't like to be cheated on. Ego is the most important thing there is, in their nature. In your nature." She gave emphasis to the word "your".

Aiden shakes his head. Showing condemnation.

"If that's the case then why I'm still here? Why am I still waiting for you to come back on being my baby again- officially?" Halos lahat ng salitang sinambit nito ay may diin. Halatang ipinapamukha talaga nito ang reyalidad na iyon.

"But it didn't felt right..." Nagbaba ng tingin ang dalaga.

"I have the feeling that you might doing all this because you want to get even with me..."

Aiden sighed. He really wants to get back with Brandish and there's no other reason behind it aside from love. He still loves her and nothing had changed through the years. He's just making himself believe what his mind wants him to. And he really don't know why she's questioning his love all of a sudden. Isn't word and actions enough?

He holds her chin and face her to him. Aiden looks at her eyes deeply. Both are reading each other's emotions through eye contacts.

"Is it improper for a man to still fight for his beloved even though she had left him already? Even though it was years now since they last told each other "I love you's"?" Kunot-noong tanong ng binata.