Chapter VIII - Struggles (Pt. 1)

After the night of cuddles, Junko went back to her dorm so she can sleep, they bid goodbyes and give goodbye kisses to each other. After all the events that occurred, he was extremely tired and went to sleep immediately. As luck played out, he slept an extra 30 minutes again but this time, no one woke him up. He rapidly takes a shower and gets suited before running, while he was running, he bumps into someone.

Makoto: Oof!

Kyoko: Aahh!

Makoto: Ow-ouch! "Rubbing his head while proceeding to stand up" Sorry for hitting you, Kirigiri-san.

Kyoko: No problem, Naegi-Kun, are you alright?

See here, Kyoko was trying so hard not to get flustered, he has a special place in her heart that she can't explain but she presumes that it was affection. He was the one that makes her life light up and leads her in the right direction. She was unfortunately depressed, her father left him and she was taught by her grandfather to be emotionless. But every time they were together, she felt comfortable and show her emotions to him, even revealing why she wears gloves.

- Past scene when Kyoko showed her burnt hands to Makoto -

They were at Kyoko's dorm, hanging out with each other, playing games, watching movies. Then suddenly Makoto saw the pause animation and look around the room to see Kyoko looking back at him. Kyoko then has a pink tint on her cheeks, she was extremely embarrassed but remained as calm as she can. Then she questioned him.

Kyoko: Naegi-Kun, do you ever wonder why I were gloves?

Makoto: No-not really, I mean you're wearing them to hide something but it's none of my business to speculate.

Kyoko: I see.

Makoto: Yeah, but whatever it is, it's gonna be ok. There's nothing to be afraid of when I'm here. "Giggling to himself and Kyoko smiled hearing his giggles, it's kind of contagious"

Kyoko: Thanks for making me happy, that's kind of an achievement for a Kirigiri.

Makoto: Well glad I can help. "Flashing her with his bright smile"

Kyoko: You know, Naegi-Kun. I only show my hands to someone I trust.

Makoto: "Knows what's about to happen but keep it to himself, maybe he is just over - speculating" Are you telling me something?

Kyoko: "So dense" Well, I think... I'm ready to tell you Makoto about my hands.

Makoto: A-are you e-even sure about this?

Kyoko: Well "Blushing slightly" I trust you enough, Naegi-Kun. You already prove it to me. "Shows Makoto her burnt hands" Remember when I was cold-hearted and emotionless? "Makoto nodded" Well I was like that because my grandfather taught me to be emotionless, I was but an amateur detective, and I trusted a friend, we are partners-in-crime literally back then, but everything suddenly changes, while on a case, I and her were on a room and suddenly went on fire, she got out and I waited for her, but she never came back. I was screaming for help but no one came in time. When finally someone did come to my aid, my hands are already burnt. I then realized that she.... she.... she.... "Emotions took over her and cries in front of Makoto"

Makoto was shocked by her sudden shift of emotions, he hasn't seen Kyoko be this emotional. Well, not in front of him or everyone else, his reflexes take over and hug Kyoko tight while Kyoko clings to him as if her life is dependent on it. Makoto's constant "Shhh" and "It's okay" calmed down and comforted the Detective. She actually tried to cry more so he won't let go, feeling his warm and hopeful embrace around her is delightful and peaceful. After a few minutes, she reluctantly releases him from her grasp, now that she calmed down, she looked at Makoto and said.