「 Permissible 」

When Haruka's honest-to-goodness smile slipped from her face and settled into a bemused look, you realized it was because you had frozen from surprise

Haruka Nanami. The one who'd formed STARISH, created the Happy Pulse and helped bring STARISH, QUARTET NIGHT and HEAVENS to their current level. It was incredulous to think that the one who'd composed such angelical songs was before you right now.

"(First Name)-chan?" she asked, head tilting to the side.

You snapped out of your daze and demurely smiled. "Oh, uh. It's a pleasure to meet you, Haruka."

Haruka wiped away all traces of confusion and sent you a warm smile. "The President has requested we all gather in his room for a brief meeting."

"All?" you asked.

Accordingly, you rotated toward the STARISH boys who had walked in with you. However, it was to the least of your expectations to find the three enveloped in turmoil. Your eyelashes fluttered as you followed their evident melancholy toward the girl standing in front of you.

Haruka who'd caught on to the rapidly growing stiffness in the air immediately dropped her gaze, fidgeting from foot to foot. "U-um, I've come across the others and they're most likely already gathered there. . ."

No means of response came from the guys. Haruka jolted, her eyes wide.

"U-um. . . I-I'll lead you there now!" Her voice came out rather squeaky as she spun around and hastened down the hallway, leaving you behind.

You paused before you could follow her, eyebrows scrunched together. Ren, Otoya and Cecil still hadn't regain their previous optimism, but after your staring, Ren eventually redirected his gaze to you. He offered you a tiny, albeit fake, smile and strolled to your side. He caught your hand in his. Your heart skipped a beat, more so when his smile spread back even wider.

"This way, Lady," he urged.

From over his shoulder, he spared a dejected Otoya and Cecil a short, reprimanding glance. It didn't take long for the two to approach your side also, each attempting to maintain their vigour but to no avail.

"We've got to meet with the President again?" Otoya murmured as you ambled after Haruka's silhouette in the distance.

Cecil had his cheeks puffed up like a child. "Like we don't know what this will be about. . ."

"Ikki, Cesshi," Ren stated, halting in place. His voice didn't contain its usual nonchalance, stringing your insides with apprehension.

Seeming to empathize, Otoya and Cecil stopped behind him, until the four of you were at a standstill in the middle of the hall.

"She looks so. . ."  Otoya's whimper made your nearly jump from your skin. You swivelled his way, and his body was slouched, red strands hovering over his eyelids and casting a shadow. "Happy."