「 Tea and Cookies 」

If there was one thing you knew from the moment you familiarized yourself with the band STARISH, it was that Tokiya Ichinose truly sang like an angel

Not to say Ren and Otoya's voices were any less admirable. However, Tokiya's was on a whole other calibre. And with his history of being a veteran in the idol world before his debut in STARISH—HAYATO, as his famous split persona was called—he must've been professionally training his voice for a lot of years.

Not that it surprised you. Tokiya always took his work seriously. Even if it meant rebuking Otoya or the others on set, or playing the mature figure in the band by nagging them on proper etiquette and health. No matter what was thrown at him, he remained super composed.

Considering everyone in STARISH held a dear place in your heart, recognizing and admiring the strengths of every member had become the norm. To think those people you treasured so deeply were before you now, all because you were requested to work with them. It should've been a dream come true.

And yet, it wasn't.

"What do you mean I can't come in today?"

Frustration had consumed Tokiya, and albeit your position from the threshold of the living room, you couldn't find it in yourself to enter.

And here you were headed to the kitchen to fetch a drink of some kind. . .

"What it sounds like, Ichinose-san." Either Tokiya's phone call was on maximum volume, or the room was simply that quiet, as you could hear every word of the man on the other end. "Filming hasn't been going well. You've been distracted about something. Honestly, it was the director himself who suggested it'd be best if you took a break. At least until you regain some focus—"

"I am focused." Tokiya's face morphed in inexplicable exasperation. "Please don't inconvenience the other staff members because of me. I'll do better."

There was a long silence.

"The. . . director's already spoken, Ichinose-san. I'm sorry."

Tokiya opened his mouth to refute, but he cut him off.

"Just take today and the weekend off. We'll film all the scenes that don't include you in that time." As if sensing his speechlessness, he forced a chuckle. "But, you are our main character. We'll all be waiting for your comeback on Monday. Rest up. I'll see you then."

The call ended there, the beeps resounding for a painstakingly long moment before Tokiya finally ended it. He balled his fist at his side then flopped onto the nearby couch. His dark hair shielded the upper half of his face, lips twisting into a frown.

Your heart sunk in your chest. You did think it was admirable how Tokiya attended work as if this entire turmoil with his band wasn't happening, but he was having a hard time too, huh?

Had Ren spoken to him yet? Maybe. . . not. Jeez, you hated feeling this powerless. Wasn't there something you could do?

"(First Name)-chan? What are you doing?"