Chapter 2

Aaron Pov

Ah yes, A fucking monday. I groan as I get up to close my alarm, its time for a day at work. I decide to check on Alexander today before I go to work. But I'm not very sure where he lives. Hmmm...I suppose I'll check in the same place after work. 

Alexander Pov

I manage to stumble my way up, still feeling aches and scars in my chest. I tried to clean my wounds so that I would go to the commissary without being seen as strange. Thankfully, James left to work so I had the day to myself. I find my hoodie and sit in the corner of the living room. If I got blood on the couch...I shudder at the thought of what James would do to me. The only place I can go to be alone other than this haunted house was the stop down the street. I sat there thinking about what life would be like if I wasn't a curse. But...I am. There's nothing I can do. Nothing. I'm useless. I'm useless. I'm helpless.

"Hello, Alexander." A familiar voice said and I flinch looking up. PHEW. I thought he was going to attack me. I had been sitting here for hours...and James was going to get back soon. 

"Aaron Burr, sir." I respond. "what do you want?" I try not to sound rude but it comes out the wrong way. 

"I...erm...wanted to ask if you were okay?" He said nervously. That's strange...why the hell does he want to be kind? When James does it he looses it eventually and tries to hurt me. 

"Why wouldn't I be," I sneer. I really didn't understand his kind behavior, and wanted to just push him away and cry to myself. There's silence and I get up to go home, I forgot about the sharp pain in my ankle and yelp as I fall to my knees. SHIT. Burr helped me up and looked concerned, his eyes were so beautiful in the moonlight, and his touch was comforting...

"N-no...I don't need your help..." I mumble. I don't know who to trust. Only James. It doesn't matter how kind Burr is. 

"Why are you trying to help me?" I say, this time looking into his eyes. 

"Alexan-" 

"IT'S HAMILTON!! STOP BEING SO DAMN KIND TO ME I DON'T DESERVE THIS!! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HATE ME!!" Burr steps back and his face maintains the blatancy, but his eyes widen. 

"Hamilton. I don't hate you." fuck...I felt a sense of guilt rise as I stagger back home. What have I done? I'm a curse. James is right. I'll never leave the house again. never. never. never.

Aaron Pov

Goddammit...this isn't fair. Something was wrong. I felt anger over him shutting me out so I silently followed him to his address, writing down the house number. Ah. Perfect. 

~~~

It's been a week and I silently begin to worry about Alexander. This isn't right. This isn't right this isn't right. He's right I'm supposed to hate him. I did at some point in my life. But now I guess we've matured but it's not right. I sit at the bench every day waiting for him. I finally found the courage to go to his damn house. I stand in front of the door anxiously...until I knock once. 

Alexander Pov

I could feel blood splurging out of my mouth as James stopped kicking me--to a knock on the door. Everything ached and my vision began to blur... 

"Mr. Reynolds. Hello, my name is--" I try to hear the name but I faint away, tears mixed with blood. I wish I didn't shut Aaron out...I just can't take this anymore. Even if James loves me, I can't. I know death can free me. 

Aaron Pov

"My name is Aaron Burr. I was wondering if..." My voice trailed off. if I ask him about Alexander...there's a possibility he can get hurt and face a false accusation...I'll have to wait until tomorrow. 

"...wondering if an Elizabeth Schuyler lives here...?" I try to keep the firmness in my voice. 

"No. I don't know any Schuyler, go away." He shuts the door in my face. Something strange is going on between Reynolds and Hamilton. I have to wait. Nothing else I can do. I didn't sleep at night, worrying for Alexander. 

I don't know why he lashed out on me, I don't know why I have the need to do something. Why do I even care? Hamilton is a selfish idiot, remember? He hates you, he doesn't like you. I know you liked him...for a while. Why am I talking to myself? I have...liked him for a while. Ever since he got married...I knew I can never have a chance with him. I thought he could never love me. It's so strange, I hated him but I liked him. Maybe it's his ocean eyes, or his intelligence. I don't know anything anymore. Goddammit I need to go for another walk. It doesn't feel right, leaving someone in pain. 

I have to go back.