Chapter 5

Its just some random idk cringe fluff you can skip it if you want, not much plot but Burr is helping Hammy get his personality back lol 

Aaron Pov

I wake up and freak out for a second, seeing a tiny, smOl Alexander in my bed. The memories kicked in--I kissed Alexander Hamilton holy shit--and I ruffled his soft, fuzzy hair. I decided to stay in bed for a while and hold Alex close to me. His snores were so small and tiny, and it sounded so adorable. I kissed his forehead one last time before getting up to get ready for work. 

Alexander Pov

blergh...where am I? oh yeah...I'm at Aaron's house. We kissed last night...WE SLEPT together. I smiled at the warmth and smell of honey in the bed. I completely forgot...James would be home after the business trip. NO!! He's going to find me, he's going to find us. he's going to kill us. I feel myself begin to panic as I quickly go downstairs, and Aaron is about to leave. 

"Aaron-n...good morning. Can I talk to y-you before you leave?" I say quietly, still looking down and fumbling with the hoodie sleeve. 

"Good morning, Alex. Of course you can, come." He took my hand and led me to the couch. I sat there, my heart still racing. 

"J-James...he's coming back today...I have to go back." I finally blurt looking up at him. His features looked concerned and his eyes met mine. "He's going to hurt you." He says after a while. yeah, he will. But so what? he always does. It's just him. 

"But he'll hurt you if he finds out about..." I trailed off, what are we? Am I cheating on my husband? GAH HE'LL KILL US IF HE FINDS OUT. 

"...about us. Look at me Lex," He tilted my chin up so that our eyes locked. I felt half afraid of what his reaction would be to my statement. Maybe he'll smack me? I do deserve it. "I told you, I'll never let him hurt you. Never." His soft hands gently pushed back the bangs of my hair. I feel reassured and safe...like I always do around Aaron. 

"What do I do?" I ask in a half whisper. 

"Let me help you. I'm a lawyer, I can help you get out of this mess legally. Plus, he's in town and the authorities can find him easily. Alex...I can get you out of this hell." His eyes were hopeful. I look back into the hazel ocean. I can get rid of him...the beatings would be over. I could be free...but I don't deserve it. I deserve pain. 

"I don't deserve this. I don't deserve you." 

"You deserve the world, Lex. you deserve to be happy." And before I could respond, Aaron gently cupped his hand on my neck and jaw, gently placing a kiss on my lips. I finch at the touch, I remember how James would choke me if I raised my voice...but Aaron is nothing like James. He cares about me. He doesn't use me...he treats me like a human. He's gentle, his lips careful and soft.

"...fine. I want a divorce." I finally say, smiling. He smiles back at me and ruffles my hair. "wait Aaron!" I call after him before he leaves. I want to say those three words...I know I meant them. I know it feels too early. But I do...he helped me through everything. He's protected me. 

"...I love you." I say, immediately looking down and turning red. I have never felt this afraid yet so happy like this. He walks over to me. I feel a sense of rising fear and I'm cold and sweating at the same time...what's he going to do? he kisses the top on my head. "I love you too," He smiles. NO WAY. I couldn't tell if I was dreaming or not, or if he even meant it. I just wiped the tears (of happiness ofc) and hugged him. He does? he loves me? Why does he love me? What have I done for him other than be a pain in the ass? 

I knew he meant it, because when I looked up, his eyes were glazed. He's about a few inches or a foot taller than me, so I head to lean up and kiss his cheek. He chuckled and called me "shorty,"