CHAPTER 3

Aarna's P.O.V.

We had 3 hours to reach Nashik. Me and Papa, both were silent, enjoying the music whereas maa was busy talking on phone.

After some time, she cut the call and kept gazing outside the window.

I stared at her with a questioning look as it is very unusual for her to stay quiet during a ride that too while going to Nashik. She just loves the place, I don't know why though.

I asked,"Maa, What happened?"

She replied,"Sandhya" and I just sighed.

Sandhya is my Mami, Anita Didi's mother. She isn't fond of me because I'm adopted. Even Ashi doesn't like her because she doesn't like me.

I tried to be cheerful and said,"Maa, forget about her. It's not like I am dying to make her like me and-"

She cut me off in the middle of my speech and sternly said,"Never speak of dying, ever again."

She then lovingly added,"And you are right, we should forget about her. I know, my daughter is the most beautiful girl, inside and out. You are strong-willed, broad minded, smart, independent and most caring soul on the earth. Let her say whatever she wants to say, let her do whatever she wants to do, it won't change the love that I have for you my child."

My papa added with a smile,"Always remember aaru, even if we are not connected by blood, we will always be connected by heart."

I gave them a biggest smile on my face with tears in my eyes and said," You both do know right that I love you both the most."

Papa gave a hearty laugh and said," I know you are saying this just to make your mother happy, but the truth is, it is me whom you love the most."

We all laughed and continued our journey with a content smile on our faces.

After 3 hours, we finally reached our destination. As soon as I stepped out of the car, someone jumped on me. I  was about to hit the person with the back of my elbow as a reflex but suddenly stopped when I saw who it was. Instead, I pulled the person by their ear.

I exclaimed,"Are you crazy Ashi!!?You could have been seriously injured. How many times am I supposed to tell you not to play such tricks on me. Some day you will definitely end up getting a broken jaw. Idiot."

This girl just doesn't understand that her sister is very well trained in kalaripayattu. One wrong move and you'd end up with broken bones.

She just laughed and hugged me.

After hugging, she released me and said," Thank God that you are finally here Di or else I would have gone mad. Hitler literally made me do everything. And don't worry, I won't let her come near you, not even for a second." Ashi first spoke with horror on her face and then with determination.

I shushed her, worrying if Hitler heard us calling her Hitler.
In case you haven't understood, hitler is our Sandhya Mami.

Mami was coming to greet us which I already knew, meant only greeting Maa and Papa. I thought my eyes were deceiving me, it looked like she was planning to greet me but then straight away ignored me and asked everyone to follow her. I just rolled my eyes at her antics.

She is like the typical villain auntie which you always see in TV serials, always trying to do something to berate me.

As if I care.

All of us went inside the hotel. It was quite big. Anita Didi had already informed me that the left part of the hotel on the ground floor which had a grand hall, a pool and rooms was rented by them.