Chapter 4

Monday rolled around and I was nervous for obvious reasons. Sighing, I pulled on sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I ran a brush through my hair and put it in a messy high bun. Placing my computer in my bag, I went downstairs, ignoring the breakfast my parents had set out for me. I was right about to leave when mom looked up from her phone.

"Aren't you going to eat honey?" she asked. The one time I try to lose weight and skip breakfast, she notices.

"Yeah, I'm just grabbing it at school," I lied, "Love you! Bye!" I rushed out the door before she could start interrogating me. Once at school, I found myself yet again cornered not only by cheerleaders but by random girls too. 

"Ugly."

"Fat."

"Idiot."

"Look at her, trying not to cry," Paisley laughed.

"We hate you," Krista reminded me. 

"I kind of hate me too," I admitted before letting the tears stream down my face and breaking through the circle, running off. I expected to hear laughter but nothing. I looked back and saw them all staring at me before Kasey shot me a glare. I turned back around and wiped my eyes before going to math class. 

 Derek was teaching alone today I noticed. Our normal teacher must be sick. He simply nodded at me. I smiled and went to my seat, making sure to avoid Krista's foot.