Chapter 2

I woke up in the nurse's office, with Nurse Cam looking at me anxiously. I closed my eyes again, enjoying the darkness.

"Winter? Are you alright?" Nurse Cam asked. I slowly reopened my eyes and nodded my head.

"Wha-what happened?" I asked.

"From what those girls described, it sounds like you had a panic attack," Nurse Cam explained.

"A panic attack?" I repeated in a shocked tone. Nurse Cam nodded.

"Do you think you can go back to class?" she asked in a concerned voice, "Or should I send you home?"

"Oh no no, I'm feeling much better really," I told her, sitting up "I can make it to math." I stood up and drank from the water fountain before thanking Nurse Cam and leaving the office. I walked down the quiet hallways to math class. Once I reached the classroom, I twisted the doorknob and opened the door. Mr. Danton was in the middle of a lecture when I walked in.

"Miss Cameron, where have you been?" he asked, his voice hard.

"I had um, I had um a panic attack so I was at the nurses," I replied quietly. Mr. Danton nodded and gestured for me to take a seat. I was so lost in thought that I didn't even notice the hot TA standing at the back of the room. As I walked down the aisle to my seat, Krista stuck her foot out and tripped me. I stumbled but caught myself. I whirled around, sick of it all.

"Do you have a problem with me?" I demanded.

"Me? No, why would I  have a problem with you?" Krista asked. I rolled my eyes and headed to my seat.

At lunch, I sat alone (of course). I sat inside, at the back of the room. I was just starting to eat my pizza when the new math TA walked up to me and sat across from me. Um, what?

"Can I help you?" I asked. The TA nodded.

"I'd like to know why all the students taunt you and humiliate you. I saw that girl trip you and I saw your locker," the TA said.

"I think it's because I exist," I replied. The TA practically gasped.

"Well, I'm Derek, nice to meet you," he introduced himself to me.

"I'm Winter," I answered, "Excuse me, I need to go study." That was a lie. I went to go check my ask.fm. I did this in the bathroom, so if I started crying no one would hear. It was a prediction because I did start to cry at the nasty things people said to me online.

When I got home mom was in her office and dad was out. I went straight to my room and cried. I'd been strong for so long but this had crossed the line. I skipped dinner and cried myself to sleep.

Picture of WINTER'S ask.fm attached