Deux: Chapter 1

Hey, guys! So people wanted me to continue this story, as somebody finding Winter's diary. I know I didn't do much besides her quotes, but again, I wrote this when I was younger. I don't really wanna enter her writing entries, I'm keeping my original content. So as an A/N you know she's written in the same quote diary thing. And I think I'm gonna have the person find it is a sister I never wrote about lol, let's just pretend she was at boarding school. Umm besides that you can read to find out the rest! Not sure if I'm gonna make her sister a kinda bitchy character that is affected by the diary or a super shy fragile girl who finds the diary. If y'all have an opinion let me know! Also, Deux is the second part of the book, but I'll also have the chapter numbers :) Oh! And if any of you want a short alternate ending where her parents find her or she doesn't successfully kill herself, I can write one when I'm done with part two of this book! Enjoy!

I was scrolling through my email when a subject jumped out at me. WINTER was the topic line. My parents never emailed me, let alone about my sister. They edged me out of the family picture as soon as they could and Winter was essentially forbidden to talk to or about me. So the fact my parents had sent me a message only meant something was one hundred percent wrong. Nervously, I double clicked and opened the email.

Dear Sage,

We have some tragic news regarding your sister Winter. A few days ago, she did something we never thought she actually would: Winter took her own life. This event is horrible and very troubling. We do hope you'll be able to attend her funeral this weekend. If you can manage to take time off school that is. It is alright to grieve of course, but please don't let it overtake you. Life does go on. We have attached your boarding pass down below. Your flight is tomorrow. Sincerely, your parents.

I shook my head in utter shock. Obviously, my sister committing fucking suicide didn't warrant a phone call. Not that they cared to save my number or anything. I could bet a thousand dollars the only reason they still had my email address is because they found an old email from a while ago and copied it. I printed out my plane ticket and tried to memorize the info. Nice, first class. Yeah, that makes up for being shitty parents I said sarcastically in my head. I closed my laptop and just sat in my desk chair, feeling numb. My roommate Sabrina was gone for a while because she was traveling for volleyball. I didn't really talk to people, due to my extreme anxiety and shyness. I wish I knew more about what had been going on in Winter's life, but my parents never let us talk, and I knew next to nothing about my own sister. I had nobody to talk to about this really. The numbness was wearing off and tears were filling my eyes. I desperately wanted to know more about what caused this. Suddenly, a memory popped up. I had the number of a girl in Winter's class little sister, who was in my grade until I was sent to boarding school freshman year. Quickly, I scrolled through my contacts and tapped on the name Abby, before hurriedly calling her. I waited impatiently as the phone rang once... twice... and the line clicked on.

"Hello?"  I took a deep breath.

"Hey, um, it's Sage. You, know from middle school? Sage Cameron. Um, well, do you remember me?" I asked awkwardly. There was a pause.

"Omigosh! Sage! Of course, I remember you! We were partners all through eighth-grade science, and we did a history project together in seventh! Oh, and we were both on the soccer team! Hi! It's been forever," she said excitedly, "where did you run off to after eighth-grade graduation?" I'd always remembered Abby being excitable and friendly, but she seemed extra happy I called. It was weird because not once did anyone besides Tracy keep in contact with me after graduation.

"Oh, um, I went to boarding school," I explained, "can I ask you something?"

"Sure!" I took three more deep breaths.