Ten

Michaels POV:
My mom walked into my room, "Mike, you should go take their daughter to go see the town." Hmm good idea. "that's a great idea mom, can I take the car?"
"Sure sweetheart"
"Ok I'll be back later." I grab the keys and head out the door. I get in the car and turn it on, and speed off to her house. I pulled up and turned the car off and hopped out and walked up to the door to ring the doorbell. Her mom answered a few seconds later. "Hi Michael what's up?" She asked me.
"Well my mom thought it would be a good idea to take Rachel out to show her around the town." I answered.
"Oh that's sounds good, just watch out for her."
"Of course." I smiled at her.
"Good, you can watch a little tv before because she's in the shower right now." She said
"Ok thank you."
Since they have a brand new house they only had a tv with no couch so I awkwardly stood up and watched a movie. I think the movie little rascals. Just then she came running down the stairs in a cute pair of shorts and a nirvana tshirt. Wow she's beautiful. I snapped out of it when she looked a little shocked that I was there. "My mom thought it would be a good idea to show you around the neighborhood." She looks at me. "Um.. ok, I need to go grab my shoes and my purse."
" Alright, take you're time." she runs back upto her room and I hear some shuffling over head. She makes it back downstairs with a small tribal print purse and shoes on. "you ready?" I say. she nods, but seems unsure. I open the door for her and she walks out. We walked out to my car and she stops for a second. what is she doing? "Wow" she says. "Never been in a Camaro have you?" I ask. " No I haven't."
"Well hop in, no sense wasting time." I hop in and she follows in the passenger seat. I put the key in the ignition and turn the key. The engine roars to life. I pull out of the drive way and speed out of the neighborhood. " So, the last time we talked you lived in America. What happened?" I ask genuinely curious.
She stutters a little when she answers , "Well... I ...um I applied for an arts school and I got accepted and now I'm here." She says kinda sadly. "Well you don't seem to happy about it."
She thinks about what she's going to say. "Well I had to leave all of my friends and family behind. Probably for good."
"Oh. I get it. but at least you're doing what you love? Right?"
"Yeah I guess." she says as she wipes a tear from her eye. Oh god what'd I do?? " Hey, " I say as I reach over and put my hand over hers," it's alright." I try to console her and she tenses her hand at first then starts to relax. For a moment we were both completely silent, not an awkward silence either, just comfortable . It was just us and the sound of the music playing through the speakers of my car. Suddenly she pulls her hand away and fixes her hair which due to the humidity had gotten kind of frizzy. She still looked beautiful to me, I thought to myself. We finally pulled up to pink berry, I shut off the car and quickly walked around to her side to open the door for her.
"Thank you..." She said with a small smile.
"You're welcome." I smiled back.
I helped her out and we made our way into the restaurant. She went straight to the cookies and cream yogurt, while I went for the plain vanilla. She got to the toppings and started to load on cheese cake pieces and cookie dough, I got to them and put on gummy worms and some gummy bears. She looked like a kid in a candy store. When I got to the register and paid the bill I asked "Do you want to eat here or take this while we explore?"
"Uhm can we take them to go?" She asked.
"Of course. " I replied.