Tournament Round 2

Yaoyorozu's POV

'Where is (n/n)?! She's been talking with that pro for a while and the next match is about to start! I know she wouldn't want to miss this fight! Maybe I should loo-'

My thoughts were interrupted by the arrival of (n/n) herself but something about her facial expression seemed....... off.

As she sat down, I asked her, "Are you alright? What happened?"

She sighed heavily then replied with, "Yeah, I'm fine. Nothing really happened. He tried to tell that what I said was disrespectful and rude but I didn't care, which, by the way, I made sure he understood. I was fine until he said something about my parents."

Before I could ask how she felt, she continued, "I told him to never talk about my parents. It shut him up but it was kinda disappointing that a pro could be intimidated so easily. It makes me wonder about the evolution of pro heroes."

"Huh, I suppose I've never thought about how much pro heroes have changed over the years. Anyways, I'm glad that you're alright and that you're here. I know that you wouldn't want to miss this match."

"Oh? Who's figh-"

"I CAN FEEL THE ANTICIPATION IN THE STADIUM! AND THAT'S BECAUSE THE SECOND ROUND'S FIRST MATCH IS GONNA BE EPIC! IT'S THE GUY WHO WON HIS LAST FIGHT BY A LANDSLIDE AND LITERALLY LEFT HALF OF THE AUDIENCE FROZEN! THE HERO COURSE'S SHOTO TODOROKI!! AND THIS KIDDO ALMOST LOST HIS FIRST MATCH UP BUT MADE A STUNNING COMEBACK BY SHOWING US SOME IMPRESSIVE MOVES! ALSO FROM THE HERO COURSE, IZUKU MIDORIYA!!"

"You were right," (n/n) smirked, "I wouldn't want to miss this."

(Y/N)'s POV

'I hope Todo wins. I wish I could have talked to him before his match started but I had to talk to that f***ing pro'

Frustration bursted into my brain like an unwelcome guest but I put it aside and focused on watching the fight as closely as I could.

It started off with Todo shooting ice at Izu and the broccoli breaking his fingers to destroy the ice by flicking them. It continued like that for a little while with them saying stuff that I couldn't hear but then, Todo tried to rush Izu on an ice ramp but it was quickly destroyed by his opponent. As a second attempt, he went to attack him with some more ice but Izu jumped just in time; however, the greenette was now in the air and Todo took that as a chance to freeze one of his feet midair. Instead of flicking the ice, Izu punched it to break free which sent his opponent way back.

"Oh gosh" I muttered.

"What is it?" Yao-momo asked.

"I think I know what Izu's trying to do. Gosh he's so stupid!"

"What do yo-"

"He's going to try and get Todo use his fire!"

"How do you know?"

"I can tell by his face and from knowing him for most of my life. He'll risk everything just to save someone. That's just the type of guy he is. He's not going to give up and will get seriously hurt if someone doesn't step in!"

At this point, Yao-momo looked terrified and said, "Oh dear."

We turned our attention back to the fight when we heard a loud crash.

When we looked, we saw Todo close to the edge and Izu with broken fingers and an even more damaged injured index finger. He was saying something but I only caught the end of it.

He yelled, "You think you can win with half your strength?! Look at me Todoroki! You haven't managed to put a single scratch on me yet! SO COME AT ME WITH ALL YOU GOT!"

"Midoriya. What are you trying to do here? You want my fire? What, did my monster of a dad bribe you or something?" Todo said, angry.

I nearly laughed when he said that. 'The only thing you could bribe Izu with is All Might merch and I'm sure as f*** that Endeavour isn't gonna give him that!'

"Now I'm mad!" Todo added and started to charge towards Izu but his movements were... slower. He was hitting his limits. 'God, just let them both come out in 1 piece.' Then, Izu punched him in his stomach.

"A SOLID PUNCH! THAT'S THE KIND OF ACTION I LIKE TO SEE!"

Their fighting became sloppier but when watching it, it was like a dance, a very violent and almost pitiful dance. As the fight went on, it was less about technique and more about raw power. 'Todo is going to win. I'm sure of it.'

I could tell that during the match, some of the things that Izu said really hit Todo hard but at the end of the day, he was right.

The end of the fight was one giant explosion with Izu's power and Todo's... fire. Izu had lost the match with massive injuries just as I had predicted. 

'When will he learn? Sometimes he goes way too far. What he believes tends to be right but to damage yourself like that over and over again for it? It's insane! In a way, it's kinda like life. We try again and again to live a good, meaningful life no matter how much life mistreats us. With that analogy, suicide or death is the only way out. The problem is, people don't want to end it because they aren't prepared for what might happen after, for what lies beyond this life. That means that our biggest fear is the fear of not being prepared. Not me though, my biggest fear is probably letting others down. It's probably why I try to keep some sort of image and haven't killed myself yet. The question now is, how much longer can I keep this up? How much longer till I crack?' 

I quickly got up out of my seat and went to the forest again so that I calm myself down before I had to put on my resting b***h face for my fight against Tokoyami. After a loooonngg while, I was done and so I dried my tear-stained cheeks, then went back to the arena which was now fixed.

When I got to the bleachers, Yao-momo asked me where I went but I just told her not to worry about it. Iida's fight was quick as he simply just pushed his opponent out of the ring.

When it got to my fight, as soon as PM said 'GO'  I used my quirk to increase my physical strength and kicked the ground as hard as I could which created a tremor. 'Just what I need to put him off balance.'

The second I saw burd boi wobble, I ran behind him and kicked his back with maybe just a little too much force but he recovered quickly, anyway. He tried to attack me using Dark Shadow but I easily dodged and slipped by him, then I tossed him out of the ring.

'I'm facing Katsu next....... oh gosh.'

Katsu's match with red sharky boi was kinda interesting. At first, Katsu's explosions weren't damaging him at all but then Katsu exploited his weakness: there is a time limit to his hardening. After a little while, Katsu exploded him and red sharky boi went down.

We started with 16 and now there's 4.

Author:

I'm so sorry for taking so long!

I procrastinate a LOT!

Gosh it's nearly midnight for me.

Anyways hope u enjoyed! 

I'll try and not procrastinate for the next chapter!

Bye~

Current Day Author:

I'm going to be going back and improving these chapters one by one. I'm not going to be changing the plot points much (I might add some bits though so watch out for that), I'm mainly going to just be correcting grammar and wording and making it less cringey.

Have a good day!