Chapter 1

He had to go fast. It was his only choice if Sonic were to escape Robotnik. Robotnik kept shooting his ship's laser weapon at Sonic. After he slides under a truck and Robotnik flies over it, the view freezes.

So, I know what you're thinking. Why is that incredibly handsome hedgehog Faunus being chased by a madman with a mustache from the Faunus Civil War?

The view then un-freezes and Sonic looks back at Robotnik as he runs and side steps to avoid running into various cars.

Well, to be honest, it feels like i've been running my whole life. Is this too much? Am I going too fast? It's kind of what I do

Sonic then jumped off of a couple walls, dodging more laser shots. He then takes a sharp left, Robotnik still following.

You know what? Let's back up.

We see a fast rewind of events to come in this story and eventually, the rewind effect stops on a blue sky.

We see a blue flash zooming around on an island that looks absolutely gorgeous.

This is the island where i'm from. It had everything. Cascading waterfalls, beautiful grass, sandy beaches, and even public access to loop-de-loops! I never had to catch a school bus cause I could run across the entire island in less than two seconds! Also, there was no school.I know, pretty sweet island, right?

We see the blue streak go through a loop-de-loop. Then, it goes up a ramp and does a pose in the air revealing the blue streak was none other than a Sonic as a young child.

"Yeah!" Sonic cheered as he went down a ramp across a gap from the ramp he went up

I was born with an extraordinary and rather unique Semblance that I unlocked at a young age and was told to keep it secret. And like any kid, I did the exact opposite.

Sonic, now curled up into a ball, rolls up some roped bridges into a hut and he bumps into an adult female owl Faunus.

After he lands on his back after un-curling, he laughs a bit. However, the owl Faunus seemed dissapointed.

This is Longclaw. She took care of me. She was like Obi-Wan Kenobi...if Obi-Wan Kenobi was female and ate mice.

A/N: The design in this picture is the chosen human Longclaw design

A/N: The design in this picture is the chosen human Longclaw design. It is not my own, the artist's signature is in the picture

"Sonic, someone could have seen you.' Longclaw lightly scolded

"No one saw me, i'm too fast." Sonic said. "And, I wanted to bring you this." Sonic added as he pulled out a sunflower he had picked earlier before getting back to Longclaw

Longclaw went to take the flower Sonic had gifted her until she saw a few echidna Faunus tribe members outside that had on tribal clothing, masks, and a few of them had bows.

"GET DOWN!" Longclaw shouted as she tackled Sonic and slammed the door to the hut closed before the arrows could hit Sonic.

A few arrows break windows on the hut as some more echidna Faunus pop up in the windows

Turns out with such a  unique Semblance, comes great power-hungry bad guys. And I led them right to us.

Longclaw saw an open gap in a window and took off flying carrying Sonic and knocking a few echidna Faunus to the ground far below the hut. But unfortunately for her, one of the echidna  Faunus who was shooting arrows at her actually landed a hit. Right on her left leg. Longclaw and Sonic fell to the ground and Longclaw got up and set Sonic on his feet.

"Listen carefully, Sonic. You have a Semblance unlike anything I have ever seen. And that means someone will ALWAYS WANT IT. The only way to stay safe is to STAY. HIDDEN." Longclaw said

Longclaw reached into a leather bag and pulled out a gold ring and tossed it opening a portal to one of the four kingdoms, specifically Vale.

"This kingdom is far away from here." Longclaw said. "You should be safe there."

"But I don't wanna go without you!" Sonic pleaded

"You must.' Longclaw said as she handed Sonic the bag of rings that also had some sort of emerald group in them. "These rings and emeralds will be your most valued possession. If you are ever discovered, use one. Never. Stop. Running." Longclaw added as she pushed Sonic to the ring portal

Sonic and Longclaw looked back and saw the echidna Faunus tribe getting closer.

"Now go!" Longclaw added just as Sonic hopped through to the other side of the ring portal with the ring bag

Longclaw held up her wings prepared to fight the echidna Faunus. Sonic looked back and dropped the ring bag as he ran back at the portal to try to save his mother figure.

"Longclaw!" Sonic cried

"Goodbye, Sonic." Longclaw said as the portal closed

"No!"Sonic cried as he came to a stop realizing he couldn't save his motherly figure

Sonic took a second to breathe and try to process what happened just now. He looked around and decided to continue going the way he was going originally and picks up the ring bag as he passes by it.