Chapter 6

After the power had gotten turned back on, Jaune was drawing out a path to his and Ruby's home to San Francisco. Then, his scroll starts ringing. When he checked and saw that Ruby was calling, he answered.

"Hey." Jaune said

"Hi." Ruby replies

"So, what are you up to?" Jaune asked

"Just playing games with Dandee and Yang." Ruby replies

"That sounds half fun." Jaune said as he put his marker down. "Hey, interesting thing down here, we had a power outage. Whole town went dark."

"That's not good." Ruby replies

"Anyways, how's your sister? Has she learned to not blow up the kitchen when cooking?" Jaune asked

"She's actually toned it down a little when it comes to cooking. The few times she does cook is when it's something literally impossible to cause her to blow up a kitchen.:" Ruby replies

Jaune then heard some crashing outside and looked out the window.

"Racoons are back." Jaune whispered. "This time they are in for a surprise."

"Your 'surprise' better not be that tranq gun." Ruby replies. "Those poor things are just looking for something to eat. Also, those darts are for bears."

"Don't worry, i'm just gonna use to scare them." Jaune replies

"Jaune.." Ruby started

"Love you, honey, bye" Jaune said quickly before hanging up and heading for the garage with the gun

In the shed, Sonic had broken in through a window and hopped to the floor in the garage.

"Okay, i'm in." Sonic whispered. "With minimal damage to Doughnut Lord's property. It didn't work out on Remnant, but that's okay, you're going to a safe world. A nice, safe world filled only with mushrooms. Mushrooms that'll be your only friend."

Sonic hesitantly pulled out a ring.

"No, I can't, that's stupid." Sonic said to himself. "You have to do it, there's no other option."

Sonic takes a deep breath and held up the ring, ready to throw.  However, something stopped him

Jaune kicked the garage door open, holding a flashlight.

"S.F.P.D!!!! Pending background check, paws or hands in the air!!!!" Jaune shouted

When Jaune's flashlight landed on Sonic, both of them fell silent. First one to say something in the silence was Sonic, who poke in an attempt to act innocent.

"Uh.......meow????" Sonic said, trying to sound innocent

Out of instinct and fear f Sonic being an intruder who was gonna kill him, Jaune screamed, which made Sonic scream. And then, Jaune ended up pulling the trigger on the gun which shot out a tranq dart, hitting Sonic on the leg, the dart getting through the thin but barely broken pants.

"Ow....." Sonic said, starting to get a little drowsy and noticing the San Francisco shirt that Jaune had on. "San.......Francisco?"

The ring fell out of Sonic's hand, rolling along the ground, opening a portal right above the Transvaleian Building, a business building in San Francisco and one of the biggest buildings in Vale.

Sonic fell to the ground, dropping the ring bag and it went right through the portal.

"No...." Sonic said, trying to crawl to the portal but going unconscious as the portal closed

Things were silent again. That is until Jaune said the first thing that came to his mind.

"What did I just witness???" Jaune asked himself in a whisper

A/N: To explain things, what happened on Sonic's home island happened 6 years after the defeat of this univesrse's version of Salem. The main part of this story is 16 years after Salem's defeat. Just figured Ii would explain that. See ya in the next chapter.