Chapter 13: I Was Never Meant To Survive The Mint Yet Somehow I Did.

CATALINA'S POINT OF VIEW
4:26 P.M.

6 Hours.

That's how long it had been since I was taken hostage by Cesar Gandia and to say I hated every minute that I was locked inside of this panic room with him would be an understatement, but lucky for me I was skilled in the art of escaping even the most impenetrable traps.

All I needed was a distraction so that I could slip out of the chains that held me against my will.

"You want to tell me how you escaped from your handcuffs earlier?" I finally asked as I wiggled my hands discreetly against the metal lock.

"So you do speak?" Gandia questioned with a smirk. "I was beginning to worry that I made you a mute after our conversation a few hours ago."

"I thought you didn't want to hear my voice?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow. "Because if I recall correctly you were the one who wished I had a muzzle on."

"How did you even get out of The Royal Mint with that attitude?" He shot at me. "Because I would've killed you on the spot."

"I was never meant to survive the mint yet somehow I did." I answered honestly.

"What do you mean you were never meant to survive it?" He asked as he walked closer to me.

"I was going to commit suicide with the love of my life in order to save the rest of my team, but I found out I was pregnant therefore my partner forced me to leave without him, and I had to listen to the police put a dozen bullets into his body as I stood in the safety of our bunker." I spat out with venom.

"Are you looking for pity?" Gandia quizzed emotionlessly.

"I don't need pity." I replied.

"No? Then what do you need?" He asked patronizingly as he stood only mere inches away from me.

"Nothing from you." I said with a smirk as I finally freed my hands from the chains above my head and I slammed my forehead against his own in a vicious headbutt.

"What the fuck?!" He screamed as he tumbled back against the opposing wall. "You bitch!"

"I'm not a bitch." I corrected as I slipped my feet out of the metal below me. "I'm Cleopatra."

"I'm going to kill you." He said emphatically as I stood up and stretched out my aching muscles.

"I believe that's a promise you won't be able to uphold." I said as I ran towards him and kicked him square in the face.

"Who taught you how to fight? Huh? The Girl Scouts?" He shot at me with a chuckle as he held his jaw tightly in his right hand, but he immediately stopped laughing when I forcefully low blowed him