Chap.2 - Hope to See You Again

~Flashback Continues~

Leano's P.O.V.

I heard the door open, I quickly rushed to the door and hugged them both tightly.

"What took you guys so long, I was worried sick", I said.

"Don't worry mommy, we're fine", (y/n) said hugging back.

"We brought the groceries", my father said.

"(y/n) go get washed up and check on your little brother."

"Yes mommy."

(y/n) went to the bathroom to wash up and I looked at my father with a frustrated look.

"I know, I know, someone stopped me and (y/n) on the way back", he said, getting the groceries out of the paper bags.

"You could have called or sent a text just to assure me that you guys might be getting home a little late, I was worried sick, I was this close to calling the police and going out to look for you guys", I said, helping him put the groceries in the fridge and cabinets.

"I'll remember next time", he responded.

"I'm sorry, I just overreacted, it has been a while since she left home and I was just worried", I said with my ears drooping down.

"Don't worry, also guess what", he said with a smile on his face.

"What is it?"

He told me everything that happened during their journey to the grocery store, to how she questioned people staring at them to her new friend.

"So?"

He said looking at me while I am cutting the vegetables.

"So what?"

"Will you be able to let her go see Melon?"

"I'm not sure", I responded.

"Come on, she was able to defend herself with others and is not afraid to defend who she is", he said trying to convince me.

"That's what I'm afraid of, I'm afraid of her getting herself in trouble and not being able to defend herself", I said, adding the tofu to the soup.

"I'll be there to protect her, I'll make sure that she doesn't get into trouble", he said.

I stopped what I was doing and looked at him for a second.

"*sigh* Fine but if she comes home hurt, she will not be able to go out anymore", I said with a serious face.

"Of course", he said, turning away to set up the table.

'I hope I made the right decision', I thought.

Dinner was ready and we all sat together to enjoy the food.

During dinner (y/n) was telling me how the outside world is and about her new friend that she made.

She was so excited for tomorrow.

The next day, (y/n) was the first one up and she was picking out what she would wear, it reminded me of when I was getting ready for a big day.

"Good Morning Leano!", my father said.

"Good morning", I said back.

I picked up Legosi from his crib and took him to the living room where his toys are.