3. Greed - Hendery

Desire and pursuit of material possessions.

 1st Demon: Mammon

Necklace: Diamond Fox
Purification: boiled in oil

"since one man cannot over-abound in external riches,

without another man lacking them"

  - Thomas Aquinas -

The moment Hendery stepped his foot into the shopping mall, everyone felt the unbearable urge to spend their money. Even those who a moment ago was there only to pass their time, they changed their mind and entered the nearest store to them. The boy with the dyed blond hair smirked like a fox. He saw humans as very interesting things to play with. And that's what he intended to do. He raised his hands in the air and with a single clap, everyone started losing their minds. All of the people were grabbing things even though they didn't need them and ran around as if it was sales time.

They wanted everything, and they would do everything to get it. You could practically see people stepping on people to get themselves into the shops quicker than others! In a shoe store, three girls were fighting over a pair of shoes and no one paid attention to them! Basically, because everyone was too occupied with one another, wanting what the others had and preventing them from buying what they desired. 

Because all the chaos was created by their desire and their need to have more, and more, and more... Their greed was never satisfied. Not even caring about the destruction that was going on. Shops were getting broken, various things from clothes to makeup products, electrical devices, and even dog cookies were stolen. Some people were more focused on the money of others and they were trying to rob them in plain sight. But well, who cared anyway? They were only thinking about themselves. 

Hendery was sitting casually on a bench watching all the mess that was created, laughing when they were hitting each other for something so unimportant as a shirt. It was hilarious! They were humiliating themselves and humankind! Not that it was to their power to resist. Humans were weak, even they knew that! And they were hiding behind that weakness to justify their poor actions and their mistakes. 

"People will always sin, don't you think?" at the sudden female voice that was heard, Hendery turned his head to his right. There was sitting a very beautiful girl, with her long brown hair falling in waves around her, and her fair skin as clear as the water. He found himself staring at her for too long, but at the same time, he couldn't move his eyes. It was as if he was magnetized by her. "I- I suppose..." he finally murmured. What was wrong with him?

The girl turned her whole body towards him, "Me too. I am Tian Shi." she introduced herself and after sharing his own name, Hendery shook her hand. That was the moment he realized, she wasn't acting like anyone in here! Shouldn't she be running crazily, wanting material possessions too? "You don't though. Why so?" having found his self-control, he asked. The girl gave him the most adorable smile he had never seen and answered, "Hm, maybe because I have everything I need and I know it."

Hendery smirked with a little satisfaction and moved his body even closer to her. "And what is everything that you need?" his curiosity over her was growing even more as the seconds were passing. "My friends... what about you? What do you desire?" the way she said my friends, seemed familiar to him, but he ignored that insignificant word quickly. "The world," he said and closed the distance again. For a reason, he was feeling greedy for her. He couldn't define why...

Tian Shi locked her hazel eyes at his dark brown and put one hand to his face, "Then start the domination now." Hendery laughed and pulled her by her waist towards him, then he placed his lips on hers. They started kissing and soon their tongues were against each other. Hendery pressed himself on her as he couldn't get enough of that sensation she was giving him. His greed for her touch grew more when she put her hands around his neck and squeezed it! Hendery just wanted her more, all for him. For the first time, he was feeling that avid in his life. Like the people before, he wanted more and more and more...

When suddenly he felt his skin burning. He pulled away in confusion as the pain was getting more intense. "Ah... wanting everything when others have nothing, isn't very thoughtful..." Tian Shi whispered, and pulled away his diamond necklace. Hendery couldn't bother with that right now. His whole body was boiling! He saw blisters on his hands that smelled like oil. He wanted to rip off his skin and make everything stop! He screamed and glanced at Tian Shi for help, but after seeing her golden eyes and a pair of wings forming on her shadow, he lost his consciousness letting her disappear again.