xiii. HALF CONFESSION.

( the bite, part2 . )

NANCY SWERVED INTO THE PARKING LOT OF A GROCERY STORE

NANCY SWERVED INTO THE PARKING LOT OF A GROCERY STORE. similar to the one that eleven stole waffles from when they was younger and she was the new girl in town. the ganged helped eleven while mike supported christopher who he believed was still drained from earlier.

they watched as nancy throw a rock through the glass doors so they could get in, and she walked through it, followed by the others trailing behind her.

max and lucas helped eleven walk, and mike helped chris, clenching onto him tightly, staying close by him. christopher sighed as he sat down beside eleven who was in pain.

nancy had left for a split second, returning with rubbing alcohol and gauze, kneeling down in front of her. "okay, lemme see."

nancy rolled eleven's trouser leg up to her knee, looking at the blood leaking out of the wounds on her ankle. christopher grimaced, turning his head in the opposite direction.

"oh, shit," max mumbled.

nancy moved to open the pack of gauzes and rubbing alcohol but max knew this had to been her first time dealing with this stuff.

"what, what, hey, what are you doing?" max stopped her, kneeling toward eleven while grabbing nancy's arm.

nancy looked up at her, confused, "i'm cleaning the wound."

max shook her head. "no, first, we need to stop the bleeding, then clean, then disinfect, then bandage."

everyone looked at max as if she was crazy for know what to do in this type of situation. chris shook his head, how did they forget that max, him, and jayden were skater.

"i skateboard. trust me." max declared, turning toward mike who had his eyes locked on chris closely. "chris, mike, hold this,"

mike snapped his head toward max, looking down as she gestured to the bandage on eleven's leg. mike slowly complied and pressed his hand onto the bandage.

"keep the pressure on it, nice and firm, okay?" max clarified, turning toward nancy and jonathan. "we're gonna need water, soap."

nancy and jonathan nodded, getting up quickly to find the supplies they were ordered to get.

christopher head darted toward lucas who dumped the items from his backpack on the floor. lucas and max shared a look before he had spoken. "does any of this help?"

max shook her head. "no. go get me a washcloth and a bowl."

"a bowl?" lucas repeated.

"lucas." max called rebukingly before will nudged lucas on the arm and running along to look for the supplies they were ordered to get.

the moment was awkwardly silent beside hearing all the groaning eleven was doing from mike pressing firmly onto her wound.

christopher leaned toward max, sighing deeply as he thought of many way to tell her the truth.