iii. A SHOT IN THE DARK.

A SHOT IN THE DARK.
( the monster and the superhero, part1. )

CHRIS WATCHED AS THE detectives placed a cover over Fred's body. He was in literal shock, he could almost blame himself for letting Fred wander off.

He could hear Nancy talking to the detective about what happened, deciding to leaves Chris' name out of it.

That caused him to look up at her as she turned to him, giving that look to not say nothing.

It was surreal, Nancy Wheeler was protecting him.

"Did you look into Victor Creel?" Nancy questioned Officer Daniels, the cop from last night.

"Sorry, what's that?" The new appointed chief asked.

"Victor Creel. Wayne got it in her head that the old nut did this." Officer Daniel's explains.

Chief clicked his tongue, "Victor's locked away. Don't  need to worry about him, all right?" He assured.

Nancy didn't believe that, Chief continued, "Now, you said last you saw Fred, he was by the picnic tables. Do I have that right?"

Chris turned his head at the gang getting out of the car.

"He was by the picnic tables. Is that correct?"

Nancy waved at them, maybe Steve. Who waved right back at her.

They was right back at the crime scene of Chrissy, sitting at a picnic table. Nancy spoke, "You're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, It's from the Upside Down?"

"If the shoe fits." Steve replied to her.

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse." Dustin clarified.

Chris huffed, "Great! Another wizard."

"Maybe." Dustin pointed at Chris, continuing his theory, "But we have no idea whether or not he's doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know."

"All we know is this is something different." Max clarified, "Something new."

"Doesn't make sense." Nancy hummed.

"It's only a theory." Dustin reminded her.

"No, Fred and Chrissy don't make sense." Nancy asked looking at them, "I mean, why them?"

"Nancy's right, they have never even hung out. So, how are they connected?" Chris questioned.

"Maybe they were just in the wrong place." Dustin answered, "They we're both at the game."

"And near the trailer park." Max added.

"We're at the trailer park." Steve felt unease all the sudden, "Uh, should we maybe not be here?"

"There is something about this place." Nancy said looking around, "Fred did started acting weird the second we got here."

"Acting weird as in...?" Robin pumped, wanted to know what she meant.