parallel (ot7)

warning: sensitive topics—mentions of miscarriage

jungkook yawns, finally settling down in his warm bed. his hair was still damp from the shower he had recently taken, his limbs and throat sore from the almost torturous dance and vocal practice he and his bandmates had to take part in. his eyes immediately drop with exhaustion the second his head nestles in his fluffy pillows, squishing his face into the soft material.

"do you think he's awake?" jungkook groggily flutters his eyes open, groaning at the bright sunlight cascading through his windows that he doesn't remember opening. "he's awake," he hears, and blinks a few times, trying to make his eyes readjust. his vision was still blurry, but he could see six figures looming over him. "hyungs," he quietly calls out, stretching a little and sitting up. "hey baby, how are you feeling? you've been out cold for a long time, bunny," jungkook scrunches his nose up.

his members were usually quite affectionate, but not to the certain extent of pulling out the "baby" card. "bunny?" jungkook quietly mumbles out, rubbing his eyes a little, groaning when they refused to focus. "mhm, our cute little bunnyboy who we've missed so much," jungkook recognizes it to be taehyung. "oh, his glasses. get his glasses, cub," seokjin says, and one of the figures walks off to the bathroom he had.

why were they all of a sudden giving each other pet names? nicknames were common, but the words baby, bunnyboy, bunny, and cub were all brand new. it made jungkook's early morning mind throb a little. "careful, kook." yoongi says, taking the glasses from namjoon—who had just returned from the bathroom. "don't move too fast, alright, bun? you've been sleeping for a while," jungkook gratefully takes his glasses—which he occasionally used—and puts them on. his eyes widen and he gasps, jumping backward and pressing his spine against the headboard as he pants, his chest heaving. something flops over his eyes, and he gasps, even more, when something on his lower back pulses.

"hey, hey, shh, it's okay, it's okay," jimin soothes, trying to move closer to him, but jungkook just squeaks, his lower spine area throbbing now. he tugs at the floppy objects covering his vision, each side of his head bursting out in pain.

they had tails. ears. sharp teeth. jungkook realizes that he has them too, minus the sharp teeth. he had two prominent front teeth instead. yoongi had his usual cat-like eyes, but they were more pronounced and sharp, one velvety black ear sprouting from each side of his head. a short—almost like it had been cut that way—appendage sways behind him and his canines glinted in the morning light.

seokjin had an elegant, white, fluffy tail gracefully swirling between his legs, soft, snow-white ears flicking on his head as well.

namjoon had cute, black ears, a white, stubby tail that twitched with excitement at the sight of jungkook looking at him, and his eyes had a tan pigment around each of his eyes, like a circle. they would be mistaken for two massive black eyes at first glance, but when you truly inspect him, you can tell that it was a natural pigmentation.

hoseok had a long, elegant tail like seokjin, except it was a burnt orange. shiny, triangular-shaped ears were bursting from his hair, which matched the color of his tail and ears.

taehyung has a poofy, curled tail, which wagged, short, pointed tan ears, and his iconic square smile beaming at jungkook except with the extra sharp teeth.

jimin has his cute, crescent moon eye smile plastered on his face when jungkook finally looks at him, an even fluffier tail twitching behind him, short, round ears peeking up at him.

yoongi was a black cat, seokjin was a white-coated mink, namjoon was a panda, hoseok was a fox, taehyung was a pomeranian puppy, and jimin was a squirrel.