Nine

It was getting dark when they got there, and organge-y yellows stained the sky above them, washing the few clouds in the same tint.

Dragging her bag out of the car with her Aubrey slung the backpack over her shoulder. The thing had stayed with her since her date with Steve, and had just been transferred from vehicle to vehicle since then.

"This is it." Steve said, shield in hand as he stepped out of the car.

"The file came from these coordinates." Tasha said, shoving what looked like a phone into her pocket.

"Among other things..." Aubrey said, noticing the 'birthplace of Captain America' sign on the fence.

The fences were tall, too tall to hop, so Steve broke the gate for them, and the trio walked in.

"I've always wanted to go Urban Exploring..." Aubrey said wistfully, letting her hand trail along the  old stone walls.

Ahead of her, Natasha walked with her phone in the air - if they were anywhere else it might have looked like she was searching for a cell signal.

"This camp is where I was trained." Steve said, and Aubrey looked down at him. She and Tasha had been walking on the raised sidewalk that wrapped around the building while Steve walked next to it.

"Change much?" Tasha asked, eyes trained on her phone.

"A little." Steve said, stopping to stare at a rusted flag pole.

"Did you do a lot of training with flag poles?" Aubrey asked playfully, jumping down to stand next to Steve.

He laughed softly. "No, uh, whenever we would run past this flag pole, we'd stop and take a break, and the Drill Seargent would tell us that whoever got the flag down would get a ride back to camp. So in my first week here, when we stopped, I waited until everyone had already tried climbing it, walked straight up, and pulled the pin out from the bottom. I grabbed the flag, and got a ride back."

Aubrey laughed. "Of course you did. I'll bet you were really smug about it too," she teased, elbowing Steve, who laughed.

"This is a dead end. Zero heat signatures, zero waves, not even radio." Tasha frowned, and Aubrey looked around. "Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off."

"Then why make it so hard to get to? I mean if your location isn't even at risk and the only people who are going to be able to get to it are you and the worlds' top assassin/shield agent, why make it so hard?"

Tasha noticed Steve staring before Aubrey did.

"What is it?" she asked, and Steve took off, walking with long purposeful strides towards a bunker-eqsue building.

"Steve?" Aubrey called, hurrying after him.

"Army regulations forbid storing munitions within 500 yards of the barracks." he explained as they walked. "This building is in the wrong place."

Steve broke the lock on the door, and the trio made their way inside.

Holding a hand up, Aubrey summoned a small ball of light, a little thrill going through her as she watched it appear over her palm.

"I still can't believe I can do that..." she murmured, holding the light up over her head.

Tasha flicked a light switch on the wall, and when nothing happened, Aubrey let the ball of light disappear.

Putting a hand to the wall, she focused on re-routing some of the energy thrumming through the walls so she could light the room. With a flicker, the lights started to come on, illuminating the S.H.I.E.L.D logo painted on the wall.