Twelve

Aubrey was so tempted to sing 'wheels on the bus' just to annoy her captors.

STRIKE had swooped in right after Sam showed up.

Right after Natasha had blown up the car James was standing in front of.

And then they almost died.

Rollins had a gun to Steve's head, aimed and ready to fire.

Aubrey had never in her entire life been so glad to see a News Helicopter.

So STRIKE dragged them off in handcuffs and shoved them into the back of a paddy-wagon, beaten and bruised - and in Aubrey and Natasha's cases, bleeding.

She knew they intended to find a secluded spot and kill them all.

Aubrey would have fought back, but there were these lovely glowing cuffs on her hands that prevented her from using her powers.

The only reason she wasn't singing 'wheels on the bus' was because of Steve.

"It was him. He looked right at me like he didn't even know me." the blonde was saying.

"How's that even possible? It was like seventy years ago." Sam asked.

The truck bounced, and Aubrey shifted, bumping into the guard next to her - who, surprisingly, did nothing.

"Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43, Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him and..."

'tortured him, experimented on him - more than he already had been - brain washed him.'

Steve may just as well have said it, everyone knew what he implied.

"None of that's your fault, Steve."

"Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky." Steve said, voice forlorn and full of something Aubrey couldn't quite place.

In the moment of silence after that moment, Sam glanced at Natasha, still bleeding profusely from her shoulder, and then at Aubrey, whose blood was starting to seep through her shirt-tourniquet.

"We need to get to a doctor here. We don't put pressure on their wounds and they're gonna bleed out here in the truck."

It hit Aubrey just at the guard next to her whipped out the cattle prod.

Holy.

They waved the prod at Sam threateningly.

Shit.

The guard turned and jabbed the prod past Aubrey's face and into the other guards neck.

She turned to look at Steve.

They made eye contact.

We're in love with the same man.

The guard to the right of Aubrey - apparently the good one - flipped the rod and smacked the other guard with it, and he slumped to the floor.

The guard who had done the knocking out struggled the helmet off with one hand.

She was beautiful.

"Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain!"

She looked from Sam, to Aubrey, and then to Steve. "Who's this guy?"

"Sam Wilson, I helped them... kidnap that Sitwell guy." Sam answered.

"Its really lovely to see you Masha but I'm kinda bleeding out here, we can do introductions later right?"

A look of concern flashed across Masha's face.