DAY 7 - Our Return

"She's waking up!" a familiar, high pitched voice said.

"Hush, let her take her time..." another familiar voice comforted.

Where am I?

Everything felt different and strangle. It was almost like Déjà vu but on another level.

She opened her eyes slowly, the light blinded her as her eyes attempted to adjust.

Cyan2 was lying in bed, an IV drip was attached to her left arm. "Wait a minute... This isn't the Medbay," she said, confused.

Everyone laughed from Cyan2's first words in a while. She sat up slowly and looked around at the familiar faces. Purple and Orange were standing next to her bed.

"You're awake!" Pink's child exclaimed with joy and hopped up and down on Cyan2's hospital bed. Cyan2 laughed with comfort. "Easy now, Cyan2's still recovering," Orange smiled.

"Recovering?" Cyan2 asked, confused even more. Something did feel wrong...

She looked down at her right arm, at least, it was her right arm?

A robotic arm was there instead. It was red with black mechanical parts in between joints. She opened and closed her hands in surprise testing out the machine. "What..."

"You're lucky you survived when the door closed down. Me and Orange ran as fast as we could back to the Medbay after fixing the sabotage. However your arm was too greatly injured," Purple explained.

Cyan2 blinked. "So it wasn't a dream... Oh! My sister-"

Orange shook her head and put her hand on Cyan2's shoulder to comfort her.

"You were incredibly brave to sacrifice your life like that, so was Red... You saved us all Cyan," Orange said gratefully.

Cyan2's hands started shaking as she was about to cry. But Pink's child leaped onto Cyan2 and gave her a giant hug. Cyan2 was surprised for a moment but then smiled and hugged back.

"We're home."

***

"This way ma'am," a body guard guided Cyan2 and her friends up behind the stage.

It was finally time to tell the world their achievement and adventure that the crewmates had experienced.

"And now for the brave astronauts who made this amazing journey!" The Prime Minister's voice said from the stereos. The red curtains opened up and they all took a step forward to be greeted by the world. Tons of drones with cameras flew around the stage taking photos.

A sea of people stretched out in front of them and all applauded. Cyan2 looked across the amazing view with awe then walked over next to the Prime Minister. Purple, Orange and Pink's child followed and stood next to Cyan2.

The Prime Minister smiled and signalled Cyan2 to step up to the speaking podium. Cyan2 nodded and stepped up, facing the microphone.

"Thank you everyone and my country. I'm honoured to have been one of the few people that were chosen to explore the galaxy. I want to take this time to honour my fallen crewmates who are now watching us from up above. Even the ones who committed the awful crimes, I want to pray for them. Yellow, Blue, White, Lime, Pink, Brown, Black, Green, Red and Cyan1... All of them, they have died for a great cause and because of their lives we have to move on and take greater steps in space exploration!" Cyan2 cheered.

Everyone put their hands together in celebration and respect. Some threw their hats in the air, some whistled in cheer. Everyone understood the efforts taken in this space mission.

Cyan2 stepped down the podium with a smile and shook the Prime Minister's hand with her robotic one. The head of Nasa then nodded and put a golden medal over all of the surviving crewmates heads. It had a picture of a rocket ship in front of a giant, shining golden star that said 'Our Space Explorers'.

The Prime Minister then clapped and returned to the podium. "Australian's Secret Intelligence Service took in the case of the Imposters of the ship and we can now confirm the identities of the Murderers," he said.

Cyan2 looked up to the podium, surprised.

"Green, a young female who attended the same high school as most of the crewmates has had multiple background checks. She was indeed a Psychopath who snuck into the ship before take off. We deeply apologies for the lack of security when boarding the ship. We will not make the same mistake next time."

"As for Cyan1... They were the sister to our Cyan2. Cyan1 has now been revealed as a spy for Korea. In a peace treaty, Korea had promised that they never intended for so many deaths to occur. Cyan1 was ordered to steal some specimens off the ship after departing planet TOI 700 d. They were also ordered to only kill those who highly threatened the secret mission. Due to an extra Imposter the mission was revealed and thus resulted in the extermination of the extra threat. However the plan failed and now everything has been resolved between Australia and Korea."

Everyone seemed to sigh in relief except for Cyan2 who silently accepted it in their heart.

"Now with these specimens not only Australia, but the whole of man-kind can progress even further. With all of your help and the future generations we will take a step further in space exploration. God Bless Australia!"

Cyan2 hugged Purple, Orange and Pink's child in celebration. It was finally over.

- THE END -