More Than Human

Izuku heard whispering as he came to.

"Will he be alright?"

"Of course, He will be in no danger. I will make sure of that."

Izuku opened his eyes to see worried faces leaning over his bed.

"I don't want him to get hurt Yagi." Inko whispered seriously, looking at Yagi.

"He wont, Ill be with every step of the way." Yagi smiled before being shushed.

"Mom? Allmight?" Izuku said quietly, blinking and getting his bearings.

"Izuku, of thank goodness." Inko said relieved and hugged him. Izuku sighed with a smile and hugged her back.

"im okay mom." He said quietly. He looked up and noticed Allmight was still there. He jumped back.

"Allmight??" He said embarrassed. Yagi chuckled.

"Yagi is fine, young Midoriya." He said. Izuku was red.

"Y-Yagi..sir. um....a witch?" He asked unsure. Yagi turned serious and nodded.

"Yes...I assume you've heard about them?" He asked. Izuku frowned and nodded.

Witches. Neither accepted by human nor monster. Monsters and humans alike were disgusted by these beings, who fit into no category and kept to themselves. It was over 30 years ago since they were hunted and killed in the Salem War, being creatures whom were powerful and unpredictable. Rumor has it that All For One was a witch, and was taken down for trying to take out the supernatural and humans alike. To think Allmight is a witch.

"I heard the last witch was executed 15 years ago. They are extinct." Izuku said, in thought. Yagi shook his head.

"Not extinct, but might as well be. I am the last surviving witch." Yagi said seriously. Izuku looked at yagi, eyes widen.

"B-But why?" Izuku asked. Yagi sighed and sat next to izuku on the bed. Inko gave a small smile.

"ill give you some time to talk." She said quietly and headed out, closing the door. Yagi turned to izuku.

"Because I am human as well. My predecessor saw my potential and took me under her wing, and taught me all she knew." Yagi said softly, not to scare Izuku. Izuku bit his bottom lip.

"...But they are hated, even more than humans."

"I know." Yagi said quietly and put a hand on dekus shoulder.

"Im not going to force you, you know. Its not an easy path." Yagi gave a gentle smile.

"But if there is anyone who can do it...anyone who has the guts to face forward and strive on...well, I cant think of anyone else." Yagi smiled big. Izuku looked at yagi, shocked, but full of admiration.

Here was Izuku's chance, to be something more. More than human. Yet, less than monster. His hero, right here, asking him if he wanted to change his world, and make it brighter.

Izuku looked Yagi straight in the eyes and said in all seriousness.

"Yes, Master Yagi." He bowed to show his determination.

Yagi smiled big and put both his hands on izukus shoulders.

"Good, because we have a lot of work to do if you want to get into U.A." He smiled brightly, a hint of darkness behind that smile. Izuku paled.

"w-wha-..m-master?" he said nervously.

"Get ready Young Miroriya." Yagi said.

"Noooooooooo!"

The next few months were hell.