{🥀} The Masked Princess

The next day where they all had free time, Jack explored the library, Luke went to his friends, Liam decided to go on guard duty, and Henry lingered in the kitchen. He wanted to use his cooking abilities to their best limit and decided to make a full course meal, his style. He would make an appetizer, main dish, and dessert. This dish included a made-from-scratch drink. He was eager for his plan to commence. With permission from the royal chefs, he started with what he knew. First he found squid and handled it to make a calamari appetizer. After he covered them in a salty concoction, he placed them in the boiling oil and waited for them to fry. When each piece finished cooking, he placed them on a dry cheese cloth to wipe them of the oil. With the help from a chef, he made a delicious sauce to go with it.Then he did his best to cook chicken and cut it. The smells were satisfying him. He wanted to finish this meal sooner so he could try it. He would share it with the other chefs too. How fun! When he finished seasoning and cooking his chicken, he moved onto a dessert that would match the salty flavors. He decided to make cream puffs. The chefs allowed him to use the already-made puff pastry they saved for special events. After all, they hadn't had lots of events lately. He then made a light chocolate filling and filled them up. He placed the food on a fancy white tray and took a step back. He was pretty content with what he stirred up out of his available resources.

When it was time to make the drink, Henry made a simple lemon water. It wouldn't overwhelm the others. Plus, he actually didn't know if the flavors fit together. Someone was passing by. They couldn't help but smell the intriguing scent from the kitchen. The loud forceful footsteps stopped. The footsteps got closer to the kitchen. It was Prince Maximus. He entered and followed the scent. When he found the location of it, he was towering over Henry. Henry felt the shadow and turned around, flinching. Lucky for him, the prince's reflexes caught anything that would fall. The royal boy put them back on the table.

"You're the creator of this seemingly delicious meal?" the prince asked Henry. In response, the farmer quickly nodded. Maximus looked at the other side where the extra food wasn't on the tray. He stuffed his mouth with Henry's leftovers. His eyes widened, and when he finished eating his mouth was clearly in a large smile.

"This is amazing! It's almost as good as our head chef's. All the flavors weirdly match together! I want to assign you as my wedding chef! I'll be heading out now. You should offer some to the princess. I'll bring her to the dining room!" the prince said with a dashing wink when he mentioned Lia.

This made Henry flustered. If the prince liked him, then he had an advantage.

While Liam was doing hallway guard duty, making sure no intruders would come in, he overheard Maximus' compliments to Henry. The teen guard scowled. The prince never bothered to acknowledge him like that. Now he knew Henry had a true advantage. He stormed away from the left wing and tried to come up with a better plan.

Lia was waiting inside the dining room, clueless. She was in question about why her brother eagerly brought her in the dining room. Why would Maximus do such a simple thing with such passionate action? She didn't want to be rushed. She sloppily put on her mask before she entered the room. It wasn't until Henry came in, when she stopped thinking questions.

He came in with a tiny cart, the food tray on it. Lia's eyes grew starry and she felt like a drool was coming out of her mouth. When Henry placed the tray on the table with a ginormous grin, she clapped her hands eagerly. After a few seconds of chatting with the farmer, Lia was able to dig into such a meal.

Her taste buds devoured every single bit of flavor. The savoriness from the chicken, the saltiness from the squid, the matching sweetness in the cream puffs. It was like someone put her in a tastebud land. And the best part is that each food was completely different! If the scent didn't grab her, if the presentation didn't charm her, then the taste had to. And the textures also matched with each other, making the food almost as delicious as heaven. She was on culinary air.