Chapter 15: Alliance (Part 01)

Humans had always been looked down on by other races because they were believed to be the weakest one. To bridge the gap between these and the supernatural world, two events were relevant. The creation of the magic system by Merlin Ambrosius and the creation of the Sacred Gear System.

God created this system as a means to perform the miracles. The users were human creatures or hybrids that also had human blood. However, the Reincarnation System used by devils had allowed them to reincarnate the various users. Obviously, they had a greater interest in those who owned one of the thirteen Longinus.

An example of this was Issei Hyoudou, the current Red Dragon Emperor. He was originally a normal human with no power, but following some events, he became the pawn of Rias Gremory.

Now, if some humans were happy or had personal motivations to be reincarnated, others were not. The Hero Faction was born to demonstrate how fearsome human beings are by killing Dragons, Demons and Gods.

At least, this was what Cao Cao had always thought up to now, but after his defeat, something was broken and his desire to overcome the supernatural forces remaining human until the end of his days was faltering.

Although he could defeat most of the Fallen Angels and Devils, what about the Heroic Spirits? Could he really hope to defeat creatures who draw strength from the beliefs of humanity?

The memory of how Sieg, Jeanne and Hercules were brutally killed was still rooted in his mind. At that time, Cao Cao had been unable to do anything other than watch the death of his comrades.

True Longinus, who was considered the most powerful of the thirteen ones because it contained the last will of God, could not compete with the Holy Sword Excalibur possessed by Y/N that was forged by the will of humankind.

The door of his cell opened suddenly. Azazel entered inside followed by Vali. However, Cao Cao's gaze rested primarily on the third person accompanying the Fallen Angel. He looked at him from head to toe and could already say that it was fundamentally inhuman, yet he emanated at the same time a feeling of tranquillity.

"Governor of the Fallen Angels," Cao Cao said in a relaxed manner, " what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?"

"Let me introduce him. He is Merlin," Azazel introduced Merlin to Cao Cao.

Hearing his name, Cao Cao did not remain indifferent. When he was the Leader of the Hero Faction, La Fay and Arthur, two descendants of King Arthur, were also part of the group and therefore knew that Merlin had died long ago. Like many within the former Hero Faction, Cao Cao believed that the man before his eyes was a descendant of the magician of the British Isles.

"And the reason I'm here is this..." a green magic circle appeared before Azazel and True Longinus appeared before him. He took it and gave it to Cao Cao.

"Is this a joke?" Cao Cao asked suspiciously.

Azazel shook his head. It was not that he really trusted Cao Cao and the power he possessed, but the threat posed by the Khaos Brigade, Shadow and his "master" was concrete, and all the help was needed.

"Today there will be held two great events in the Gremory's territory," Azazel began as a serious expression visibly marked his face, "one is the Young Devils Gathering and the other is the meeting with other mythologies to extend the alliance against the Khaos Brigade"

Azazel remembered the words Y/N had said at the Kuoh Academy rally. At first, he was reluctant to believe him as most of the seventy-two pillars of the Underworld had extinct during the Great War and Civil War, but Shadow had almost killed Gabriel who is known as the most powerful woman in Heaven.