Ten

Devi

The outside of the Lee mansion was huge. No, huge couldn't even describe it. I thought Ally's was big, but the one behind the gates in front I my idling car completely dwarfed it. Just beside those gates was a booth for a security guard. My hands were trembling with excitement. I couldn't believe we were actually leaving Ciudad 22.

"You're Mr. Aries' guests," the guard said with a smile. "I'll have those gates open for you right now." With the press of a button, the black bars moved, and I shifted the car forward and parked it behind one of the five cars already in the driveway. A servant was already there waiting.

"I'll have your luggage transferred to the van you'll be going to the airfield in." He said, bowing.

"Thank you." I said as Gus and Daniel got out. I opened the trunk for the servant.

As the boys walked in ahead, I noticed the car in front of mine with the license plate 'ALEE'. I took a peek inside. There were two barely clothed women lying down in there, either drunk or asleep. I looked away immediately and headed towards the front door of the mansion. I could tell Aries was a man who did things without thought.

"Hello!" Aries exclaimed in an overly enthusiastic tone as I entered the doorway and the boys were wiping their feet on the doormat.  He wore a plaid shirt and khaki pants. He looked older, more mature, but I could tell he didn't change too much on the inside. He waved us over to his living room.

I saw a girl sitting in an armchair. Her hair was cut to her chin and she wore a grey t shirt and black sweatpants, her chin resting on her fists, looking at the ground. She picked her head up and waved to us shyly. I realized that it was Nadia.

"I know you're all as happy as I am," Aries said, standing beside his cousin and adopted sister. "Let's reintroduce ourselves to each other. I'm Aries, Chief Supervisor of the Testing Department at Lee Motors, I take pleasures in many things; food, clothing, fine women,"

Impressive, I thought. Never knew an idiot could be capable of having such authority.

"Anyone else wanna say something about themselves?"

"Yeah. I'm Daniel," the man at my side said. "That's all I'd like to say." He said coldly. I looked at him with a smile. He knew to remain reserved when he had to.

"Uh... alright. Who else?"

I spoke next.

"I'm Devi, I just graduated from with a diploma in nursing at the-

"Don't say anymore than you need to." Daniel whispered to me.

"Right. I enjoy helping other people and going on long drives."

"Excellent. How about you, kid?"

He turned to Gus, who sat beside Daniel on the other side of the couch.

"I'm a third year high school student. Well, I just finished my third year I like learning languages and about the history of things and cultures. I also play video games here and there."

"3rd year? You look young for your grade."

"I skipped a couple grades. I'm 15."