Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Tri-Winged & Fabulous

            Stéphen stood there so damn composed looking so ungodly inhuman. The Tantibus charged at him and he swiftly lunged upward, the lioness snapping its head back to capture him in its jaws as he glided through the air over it. But its face was met with the metal tip of his sword; the impact sent the Tantibus backwards, vacillating. Stéphen landed on the floor a few feet away from it, smoothly turning around on the heel of his foot glancing at the beastie.

            It slides across the wood floor leaving deep fresh crevices in the wood. Stéphen stood there, resting both hands on the hilt of his sword, leaning forward piercing at the monster with such nauseating eyes. The Tantibus stood there screeching with a high pitch girl scream. Stéphen didn’t flinch, he snorted at the blood beast as if it was a fly on the wall that was buzzing in his ear. This was the moment you realized that Stéphen was nowhere near human or a normal clone project. He was no doubt, something else.

            The boy ran at the Tantibus slashing the sword at the neck of the beat. The impact was so amazing that the beast was flipped over backwards onto its back like a dumb turtle. The fire of the monster lit up in the reflection of Stéphen’s ocean blue eyes. The beast rolled over lunging for the sword, snapping it out of his hand. The sword slid across the floor, your grabbed the sword without a thought running towards Stéphen. He glanced at you raising his hand, a force shot you back and you landed next to unconscious Lysander.

            “We need you alive.” He said sternly, his dark blue eyes blazing at you, the tail of the Tantibus slither near Stéphen and suddenly it snatched him around the neck. Shooting him upwards off the ground the tail started to choke him!

            “Stéphen!” you screamed running after him, his eyes looked at you for a second and you realized he wasn’t breathing! You wouldn’t allow him to die for you. You ran straight into a force field being bounced back onto your arse, Stéphen was doing this! To protect you! “Stéphen!!!” you screamed being prevented from getting near him.

            Suddenly his back arched like his spine was snapping and it was! Three skeletal wings shot out of his back growing out like thistles, flourished with light feathers morphed onto the wings. They were bright white feathers that were tinted with green and blue that matched his hair nearly. The Tantibus screamed out in pain and horror, dropping him on the ground, he landed on his feet crouched down. Stéphen was an angel!? Now way, no how! The boy’s wings snapped out folding and flapping downwards and he was brought up on his feet standing there like a noble angelic god. His wings were over three arm lengths and were strong and power; the third wing that was at the top of the middle of his shoulder blades awkwardly spread straight up.  It was like looking at a winged tri-force symbol.

            The creature bawled away from Stéphen obviously afraid of the angelic boy in front of it. This was his little secret he didn’t want to talk about! He held his left hand in a claw like shape and light was forming at the palm of his hand near his fingertips, shooting it at the beast.

            The light danced within the air, swirling and touching everything and then emerged at the flaming red skeletal lion of a beast with a burst of green electricity, shooting it back into the wall. “Stay here.” He said glaring at you and suddenly his wings snapped into action pounding the air with loud pulses. He flew upwards off the ground, snapping his third upper wing out, creating an upwards spiral movement, breaking through the sky-light. The furious Tantibus shot into the air after him.

            Glass shattered down onto the floor; you stood there looking at the broke down house. This was your entire fault and now Stéphen went where you couldn’t follow him. You glanced at Lysander trying not to cry your eyes out. You weren’t weak! Frey looked horrible, lying there still bleeding… yet you were fine without a scratch.