Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Blooded & Broken

            Life wasn’t supposed to be this way, you thought. How could Dr. Logan make you for such a great purpose and yet you had failed!? You failed everyone: Eibmoz, Frey, Lysander, Emo, Elathan, Floyed, Chordeva; all of them.

            The rain was still coming down, baring your cold sins with it. The fact you couldn’t feel pain made you fear dying even more. You couldn’t move, you could barely open your eyes. You felt weak, pathetic in fact.

            “Virus,” a familiar voice whispered at your ear, Frey? It sounded like him; you could sense someone was near you. “I don’t know if this is good timing or horrible timing,” the voice said with a chuckle. Who could laugh at a moment like this!? Your legs were probably cut off your body! You had no way of actually telling. You tried to open your eyes, but all you could see was darkness. “Hey, relax.” The voice said again. “I’ll find a way to solve this,” who was this person!? It couldn’t be Frey; Frey was stuck as a dragon!

            You suddenly felt weightless, yet heavy and droopy at the same time. You slowly realized that you were being carried. Your mind was still blurry as if you had fog in your head. You started to wonder how much blood you lost, where you were going, who was this person? After what seemed like a million years you opened your eyes to find the sky so blue. You never seen such a beautiful sky, it was a baby blue color, a blue of blue jay feathers, a color you could just roll your fingers in and curl up in. The sky concealed white puffy clouds of white, so puffy it looked like cauliflower on steroids. The sun beamed down, sending rays of irradiance onto leaves of Winsor green. The leaves curled to the tip with a cone like serve, droplets of water ran down the center of the fold. The leaves were like little hearts of green the nearly looked transparent. The wind blew the strands of grass lightly against your skin; it was so soft to touch.

            You were so lost in the beautiful sun, that very slowly your eyes started to focus. The light was shimmering down on blond locks of hair that blew softly in the spring’s air. You slowly realized that there was someone looking down at you, their red eyes burning down upon, it was Ester! Demon Ester! You tried to move away from him, scared to death, he then pressed down on your stomach.

            “Calm down,” he said, that voice was just like Frey’s but there was a British accent. It wasn’t the voice that Nishnabotna used, but it wasn’t the Ester that Eibmoz killed. Who was this!? “Why are you looking at me funny?”

            “E-E-Ester?” you asked your voice shaking madly. The boy laughed at you a bit, you slowly glanced at your legs. They were wrapped up in gauze and tape.

            “Hey, take it easy. I stitched you up, I don’t want the cloth to fray.” He said, his hand resting on your shoulder. You stare at him completely gawked at the sight, no the very being of this man. “What…? Why are you looking at me like that?” he asked, raising a brow. They boy made you rather nervous, who exactly was he?

            “Who are you?” you ask your voice shaking a bit. The boy raised both of his brows with a rather question look, as if you were supposed to know his very being and every secret he possibly had.

            “Ester Frey Strider, honestly we haven’t fully met, well we have but that’s rather confusing.” He started as rather lose in his own words. But this awkwardness, he had such a cool aura, he defiantly not the Ester you knew. “Due to my powers of being a Time Keeper there is a symptom.” He started, he wasn’t trembling or stuttering when he spoke but obviously he was having a hard time speaking. “My powers creates multiple versions or ‘Alto Egos’ of I and it is hard to contain them so usually I am hunting down my own self. Past and future, also.” He explained, but you were already confused by this. How could there be multiple personalities of one? This Time Keeper stuff was so confusing to you.