Chapter 22

{Izzah's POV}

The next morning I wake up with this news which left me flabbergasted. I am getting married that too in a week!!

God knows what happened in one night that mom started all the preparation. I look at Alyan to meet his eyes, his eyes depict the exact surprise as mine. Still he maintains his cool composure but I can't.

"Mom, what are you doing? We just got together. We need some time to know each other. I just can't get married like this!"

She goes inside to bring the wedding card of Liam. I don't know how many times I need to see this. I roll my eyes.

"I want you to go to his wedding with your husband", she takes a glance at Alyan before meeting my gaze.
"All I want is to see you happy in your life, is that really too much? Can't you give me that little happiness before I die?"

I know what she means. She's thinking about her disease, "Mom" I hug her tightly to show her I care.

Still I didn't agree to her wish until she collapsed after two days.
The doctor said, "Stress caused her to collapse. What does she stress about? Take good care of her. She needs rest and make her stress-free. We can't allow her any kind of tensions. Her dementia is already at the last stage"

She slept all day in the hospital. I was waiting for her eyes to open. Soon my eyes welled up with tears.

I found a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Alyan. He calmed me down and told me that he's ready. I was confused for once. "What?!"
"Let's get married", his intent eyes told me he was serious.

One week later

Then there's no going back. We agreed to get married at a mosque nearby home. I wear a red wine color gown which was specially picked by mom. She had already planned everything since she knew she won't be able to do all that later. As I'm applying my red lipstick, Arish suddenly wraps his little arms around me. He gasps with awe.

"Oh my Izzy, you look so pwetty"In the midst of all the worries, I chuckle at his cuteness

In the midst of all the worries, I chuckle at his cuteness.

"I had to look nice. After all I'm Arish's sister", I play along.

"Yeah yeah, my sister's the prettiest no not the prettiest", he shakes his head. "Mom is prettier than you" he says sheepishly.

"She's the most beautiful woman I know", I agree.

"When will she come home?", Arish looks at me with his chin up.

"Soon, let's go to mosque first. Where's Alyan?"

"I don't know. Oh I forgot to tell you, there's a man downstairs waiting for you. I forgot his name. You brought him here once"

I let go off him. My eyes starts to burn as I know who's here. I walk downstairs and see Liam eyeing me once before walking towards me.

"What brings you here? Today's my wedding. I don't want any fuss here. Just leave"

Liam throws some papers in front of me. "This is the truth of Alyan Isam. Won't you see the reality of your groom? He's a fraud!"

My eyes widen at the papers. I go through the papers which reads about a handful money Alyan is dealing with. It also says that he has a mansion in Washington. He owns some villas as well here. Digesting all at once is hard for me. I find myself gripping on the handle of stairs. How can he cheat? Is this even for real? I have so many questions. I have to talk to him.

"The number you're trying to call is not reachable", his phone is unreachable. I keep trying. I need to find him no matter what.

I reach one of his villa close to my home. I press the door bell and a servant opens. She startles to see me which strikes me that I'm in my wedding gown. I barge in before she asks me to stop.

"Where is he? I asked where is he? Alyan! Come out! Now Alyan!", I find myself screaming at the top of my voice with anger and some weak emotions.

"Woah who's here?!", A tall man comes downstairs. His eyes eyeing me top to bottom with one brow raised. He asked, "Miss, may I ask who you're looking for?"

"Alyan I know you're here. Tell him to come downstairs now!"

"Oh Alyan, he's not here. He had some important things to get done so he left. If you want, maybe I can help", his lips twitched.

"Call him right now. He's not receiving my calls"

"Ahh if he's not receiving then he's not interested. Why don't you girls understand? He's really busy right now let's not call him", I give him a harsh glare then he calls him.

"Yeah I know you're busy but something urgent came up. There's a gorgeous girl standing in front of me waiting for you", he moved away the phone from his ear and asked me, "I didn't catch your name. You're.."

"Izzah Naji", he turns pale as if he knows who I am.

"No way, Izzah! Bro hurry up. She's here", he puts the phone into his pocket and tries to rectify his mistakes.

"I hope you'll forget all that nonsense I've been blabbering. No girls came here before you. Alyan had never been with any girl before. I hope you won't tell him anything", he gives me a nervous smile.

"I don't give a damn about who he's been with", as if I care! I roll my eyes.

"Oh really? Hehe then it's fine. Um.. by the way I'm Faaris Ahmed, Alyan's best friend", Faaris made as if to shake my hand but I wasn't going to shake his. So his hand hovers in the air hilariously, until he awkwardly withdraws it, feeling mortified.

Just at that moment, Alyan enters. Suited up in a Christian Gray Tuxedo he looks flawless. It was obvious he worked hard on his body. The moment his brown eyes fell on me I saw it again in his eyes... Hatred. But this time I don't understand why.

My eyes seems to ask him lots of questions

My eyes seems to ask him lots of questions. Though I'm afraid to ask him as I'm not sure if his answer will break me or not.