Chapter 10

{Izzah's POV}

When I find myself busy in doing some paperwork, Liam knocks before entering into my office.
"Hey, long time no see"

"I missed you babe", he kisses my temple while I give him a side hug.

"You don't look surprise?", For what reason? My brows furrowed to his question as I didn't get what he said.

"As I'm here all of a sudden or did you know?", he thinks I won't be informed. I try to conceal my smile when he says, "No way, I told Olivia not to inform you"

"Why do you think she won't let me know? Afterall everyone loves their job", I say while uplifting my right brow.

"I get it, it's useless to keep a secret from you. Eventually it'll get to you", right.

"Ofcourse it is, you might try again. Nothing can be hidden from my eyes", I give a satisfying smile.

I want to join Liam during the lunch break but he has some sort of urgent work. So we had to cancel the date and he takes my leave.
But he promised to have dinner at my home which means my mansion. I go home early today as I need to get the things ready. Afterall it's his first time coming to my mansion.

When I'm confirming the dishes for tonight with Ross, Alyan had to butt in. As he grabs an apple he smirks and take a bite into the apple before asking,
"I didn't know I'm so important to you. You're doing a lot for me. It's too much for me to digest"

"How could you think that I'm doing this for you?", Is he drunk?

"Actually I eavesdropped when you said, special guest. Well that must be me. I had no idea you liked me so much", he leans close and tilts his head.

He looks around to confirm none is there except for both of us and a thin whisper says, "I guess it's the aftereffect of a warm hug", he finally made an eye contact with a little smirk on his face before biting his bottom lip gently.

His words made me recollect the intoxicated him and I feel the flush start up my face again. Before he tease me anymore, I turn around to hide it. "You're overthinking. I'm preparing things for Liam", I clear his doubt.

"Liam? Who is he?", His face turns to serious and a husky voice is heard.

"My boyfriend. He's coming tonight. Now you can keep your ridiculous jokes to yourself", I say following up a snort.

"He's coming and you're telling Ross to prepare things. Shouldn't you be doing that?", Telling Me to cook? Is he serious?

"Why should I?", I frown.

"Someone great said, Cooking is an art of Love. You want Liam to fall for Ross? I mean it's your wish", he says while shrugging.

"Mind your own business. I don't need you to tell me what to do", he keeps getting under my nerve.

"As you wish", he heads outside while whistling. Showing all the carefree attitude.

I ask Siri to find 'easy recipes for impressing your boyfriend' how silly of me.
No I'm not going to make that. It's more difficult. He won't like that dish. This won't work. Okay I'm done with this shit. Let me ask mom, she must have some idea.

I found mom at the gym area working out with Alyan. Alyan is encouraging mom everytime she tries to give up. Glad to watch mom's face lighten up.

"Yes, you got it Aunty I knew it. You know what I feel, you're more fit than Izzah. I mean she's so so. But you! Masha'Allah you must've been a bomb in those times", look how he's buttering up my mom.